What speed at approximately 2.30km?

Old July 14th 05, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default What speed at approximately 2.30km?

I am approximately 2.30km from the exchange...

What sort of speed am I likely to get with this line length?

Dave

Old July 15th 05, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Dave wrote:
I am approximately 2.30km from the exchange...

What sort of speed am I likely to get with this line length?

Dave

Anything from 512k upwards......

Old July 16th 05, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chestnut

"Dave" wrote in message
I am approximately 2.30km from the exchange...

What sort of speed am I likely to get with this line length?

Dave

Hi Dave,
The physical distance from your property to the exchange is not the issue.
It's how far the run of cable is from your property to the exchange.
In my example I'm 500m from the exchange by foot. Yet my cable length is
1.5Km (not sure what BT do with their spaghetti I'm sure!)

Providing your line quality is good, and given that latest ADSL technology
is allowing for greater line lengths, I don't see you'd have any problems
with getting upto 2Mbps.

Regards
Steve

http://www.usenet.com