Help with Router for BTY

Old July 15th 05, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Al

Default Help with Router for BTY

Can anyone help!!?

A friend is with BTY broadband and connects with a BT Voyager USB modem with
no probs.

Wants to use a router to enable him to use 2 computers simultaneously. The
router (D-link) syncs with the exchange OK (steady LED) and shows his lan
connection LED, but fails to connect to BTY (flashing status LED)
My friend is not absolutely sure which password etc. to use and has been
issued with (and tried) several. The existing modem needs a user name of the
form (if I remember correctly) but appears
not to need a password at
all. The router says that a password must be entered. I can't find a support
number for BTY in his documentation.

Can anyone shine a bit of light onto this for me please. I have installed
routers on several other machines with different ISPs without problems, but
this has got me stumped.

Al

Old July 15th 05, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

"Al" wrote in message
[...]

You can enter anything you want for the password i.e. surname, word
"password", BT etc.

Old July 15th 05, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NTL News

"Nicola Redwood" wrote in message

"Al" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Nicola

We did try a password (several in fact) but the router steadfastly refused
to connect to the ISP.

The router is configured as PPoA with all the 'default' settings - perhaps
they need a tweak?? As you can guess I don't have great expertise in router
stuff, but the others I have installed have worked OK with default settings
plus the appropriate username/password.

Al

Old July 16th 05, 12:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George

[...]

Try to see if you can log on with [email protected]_domain
It won't let you access any webpages, it's really just to test PPPoA
connectivity