b/band RFI filters

Old July 15th 05, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jasmine

Default b/band RFI filters

Does anyone know where you can buy RFI filters that are compatible with UK
b/band?
- the old PO/GPO/BT one's aren't.

Old July 15th 05, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Jasmine wrote:
Does anyone know where you can buy RFI filters that are compatible
with UK b/band?
- the old PO/GPO/BT one's aren't.

What you are looking for is a a RFI3 filter which is still in use by BT, but
for what reason escapes me....

If it's RF breaking through on a phone you can get plug in filters, but you
can get the same effect by wrapping the cable around a carbon toroid or clip
on choke. The actual plugin DSL filter should stop any out of band signals
anyway...

If you're thinking of trying to improve the line for your ADSL the RFI3
filter will not make any great improvements & most times I've tried to use
one it's had a detrimental effect...

Old July 15th 05, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jasmine

Does anyone know where you can buy RFI filters that are compatible
with UK b/band?
- the old PO/GPO/BT one's aren't.

What you are looking for is a a RFI3 filter which is still in use by BT,

but
for what reason escapes me....

If it's RF breaking through on a phone you can get plug in filters, but

you
can get the same effect by wrapping the cable around a carbon toroid or

clip
on choke. The actual plugin DSL filter should stop any out of band

signals
anyway...

If you're thinking of trying to improve the line for your ADSL the RFI3
filter will not make any great improvements & most times I've tried to use
one it's had a detrimental effect...

- Breakthrough on the phones has been very much reduced/eliminated by such
toroids already, but the ADSL modem is dropping out, these RFI3s sound worth
a try.
Where can I buy an RFI3?

Old July 15th 05, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zomaar

"kraftee" [email protected]&die wrote in message

If you're thinking of trying to improve the line for your ADSL the RFI3
filter will not make any great improvements & most times I've tried to use
one it's had a detrimental effect...

BT80 RF3 is great for long lines/bell wire problems...I've fitted 2 this
week, worked a treat both times.

Ali