ntl broadband modem

Old July 17th 05, 08:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
steve church

Default ntl broadband modem

My daughter has just finished university and has had NTL broadband for the
last year in the house she rented. Can she take the modem with her or is the
modem the property of NTL? She arranged the NTL contract last year so it
didn't come as part of the house rental.

thanks,

Steve

Old July 17th 05, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"steve church" wrote in message
My daughter has just finished university and has had NTL broadband for the
last year in the house she rented. Can she take the modem with her or is

the
modem the property of NTL? She arranged the NTL contract last year so it
didn't come as part of the house rental.

I think you'll find that the modem is rented, ie it belongs to NTL
Customers used to be able to buy them, but not any more

P.

Old July 17th 05, 04:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sniffer

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 08:11:09 +0100, steve church
wrote:

My daughter has just finished university and has had NTL broadband for
the
last year in the house she rented. Can she take the modem with her or is
the
modem the property of NTL? She arranged the NTL contract last year so it
didn't come as part of the house rental.

thanks,

Steve

You could ring up NTL & ask them!

Old July 17th 05, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave P

You could ring up NTL & ask them!

ROFLMAO
There speaks a man who has never tried to call NTL!

Dave

Old July 17th 05, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jock Mackirdy

In article , Steve church wrote:
My daughter has just finished university and has had NTL broadband for the
last year in the house she rented. Can she take the modem with her or is the
modem the property of NTL? She arranged the NTL contract last year so it
didn't come as part of the house rental.

Definitely rented.

--

Jock Mackirdy
Bedford

Old July 18th 05, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
epaton

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 08:11:09 +0100, steve church wrote:

My daughter has just finished university and has had NTL broadband for the
last year in the house she rented. Can she take the modem with her or is the
modem the property of NTL? She arranged the NTL contract last year so it
didn't come as part of the house rental.

thanks,

Steve

it was about 5 years ago when most people stopped buying them, even if she
owned it moving house would mean a new contract and i doubt you could get
ntl to give you a non rental contract, some folkes were worried about
loseing their contracts when upgradeing to 2meg lines
Old July 18th 05, 11:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Leuty

In article ,
"steve church" wrote:

My daughter has just finished university and has had NTL broadband for the
last year in the house she rented. Can she take the modem with her or is the
modem the property of NTL? She arranged the NTL contract last year so it
didn't come as part of the house rental.

It's ntl's property.

The modem will only be good for another cable broadband service anyway
so no point taking it with her. I have read that ntl don't bother to
collect modems as it costs more than they are worth, unlike their TV
STBs.
Old July 29th 05, 11:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex, Boosbeck

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:28:30 GMT, Jock Mackirdy
wrote:

In article , Steve church wrote:
My daughter has just finished university and has had NTL broadband for the
last year in the house she rented. Can she take the modem with her or is the
modem the property of NTL? She arranged the NTL contract last year so it
didn't come as part of the house rental.

Definitely rented.

I left NTL in Oct' '04, after having been with them since Aug' '03.
They told me when I cancelled the account, that I could keep the modem
if I want, or leave it for the next person who moved into my house.