NTL newsgroup server

Old July 17th 05, 09:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl

Default NTL newsgroup server

Hello all,
A mate of mine has ntl broadband, just got a pc etc., I was telling him
about newsgroups, but he does not know what the news server address is.
Neither do I, as I am on BT, mates are on Plusnet. Any help appreciated.

Old July 17th 05, 10:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pilbs

"Carl" wrote in message
Hello all,
A mate of mine has ntl broadband, just got a pc etc., I was telling him
about newsgroups, but he does not know what the news server address is.
Neither do I, as I am on BT, mates are on Plusnet. Any help appreciated.

news.cable.ntlworld.com

Old July 17th 05, 01:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
epaton

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:37:24 +0100, Carlos Arruda wrote:

"Pilbs" wrote in message

"Carl" wrote in message
Hello all,
A mate of mine has ntl broadband, just got a pc etc., I was telling him
about newsgroups, but he does not know what the news server address is.
Neither do I, as I am on BT, mates are on Plusnet. Any help appreciated.

news.cable.ntlworld.com

news.ntlworld.com

theres loads but they all point to the same server now which while good
for being essentially free is way off what you would get from a real
usenet service
Old July 17th 05, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jock Mackirdy

In article , Carlos Arruda wrote:
"Pilbs" wrote in message

"Carl" wrote in message
Hello all,
A mate of mine has ntl broadband, just got a pc etc., I was telling him
about newsgroups, but he does not know what the news server address is.
Neither do I, as I am on BT, mates are on Plusnet. Any help appreciated.

news.cable.ntlworld.com

news.ntlworld.com

text.news.ntlworld.com if you want to avoid illustrated spam.

--

Jock Mackirdy
Bedford

Old July 17th 05, 10:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl

Thanks very much everyone!