Gimme a break PlusNet, stop slapping my backside!

Old July 19th 05, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete

Default Gimme a break PlusNet, stop slapping my backside!

Cancelled my anytime account with Plusnet yesterday (dial up) as the
service is next to useless. As per the "contact us" webpage I
cancelled and it states 30 days notice required, but account will
remain active until the 30 days is up. Perfect. NOT quite. This
morning get a note on file stating my account has been cancelled and
the bloody idiots have stopped the anytime account completely so now I
cant access anything, I am paid up until August 5 anyhow and now they
dont want to answer the "contact us" notes.....sigh

I wouldnt touch the plonkers with a bargepole in future, so be warned.
Old July 20th 05, 01:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jonndee

PlusNet have the best support I've seen so far.

Old July 20th 05, 03:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:55:37 +0100, Willy wrote:

who have you seen ? most peaple don't see them they just try by phone
or email

short of having your e-mail read out, you surely 'see' (as in 'read')
the comments from any support staff, don't you ?

If you have to keep contacting support there is something lacking in
the service or with you

While that is sometimes true, the fact that support staff are visible
in providing feedback / answers / advice in various newsgroups (both
specific to Plus.Net and those in wider use) while matched by a tiny
number of others (Zen, Entanet, Metronet, and perhaps others I've not
noticed) in uk.telecom.broadband, and maybe more ISPs on ADSLguide,
they certainly do seem quite helpful most of the time, and are also
available more of the time than with some other ISPs (24 x 7 from PN,
while some manage 0800-2000 and others are more restricted).

Also, while a tiny number of pennypinchers moan about an 0845 number,
it is only 1p/min outside the 0600-1800, while some have 100p/min or
0870 numbers. For comparison, I've used Claranet, Freeserve, BTO,
Zetnet, Enterprise, and others (UK and overseas), in past 10+ years.

Even Claranet dropped their 24 x 7 hours for customer services a
year or two ago, perhaps because of staff costs, and their move to
being more business oriented overall... Peter Morgan.

Old July 20th 05, 03:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

poster wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:55:37 +0100, Willy wrote:

Also, while a tiny number of pennypinchers moan about an 0845 number,
it is only 1p/min outside the 0600-1800, while some have 100p/min or
0870 numbers. For comparison, I've used Claranet, Freeserve, BTO,
Zetnet, Enterprise, and others (UK and overseas), in past 10+ years.

You appear to forget that some of us are on schemes where we don't pay for
geographic numbers 18:00-06:00 but do for 0845 which is why we have raised
our voices. If PN are not getting any revenue from calls to Customer
Support there is no need to only offer a non geographical number is
there....

Old July 20th 05, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJM

"kraftee" [email protected]&die wrote in message
poster wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:55:37 +0100, Willy wrote:

Also, while a tiny number of pennypinchers moan about an 0845 number,
it is only 1p/min outside the 0600-1800, while some have 100p/min or
0870 numbers. For comparison, I've used Claranet, Freeserve, BTO,
Zetnet, Enterprise, and others (UK and overseas), in past 10+ years.

You appear to forget that some of us are on schemes where we don't pay for
geographic numbers 18:00-06:00 but do for 0845 which is why we have raised
our voices. If PN are not getting any revenue from calls to Customer
Support there is no need to only offer a non geographical number is
there....

Google for UK non geographical numbers and you will find a site that lists
many organisations including Plusnet with their 'normal' telnos...

Old July 20th 05, 04:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Shiela S

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

Old July 20th 05, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

poster wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:55:37 +0100, Willy wrote:

Also, while a tiny number of pennypinchers moan about an 0845
number, it is only 1p/min outside the 0600-1800, while some have
100p/min or 0870 numbers. For comparison, I've used Claranet,
Freeserve, BTO, Zetnet, Enterprise, and others (UK and overseas),
in past 10+ years.

You appear to forget that some of us are on schemes where we don't
pay for geographic numbers 18:00-06:00 but do for 0845 which is why
we have raised our voices. If PN are not getting any revenue from
calls to Customer Support there is no need to only offer a non
geographical number is there....

Google for UK non geographical numbers and you will find a site that
lists many organisations including Plusnet with their 'normal'
telnos...

All non geographical numbers for Plusnet apparently go through a switchboard
who will refuse to put you thru to customer service, or so PN Support have
stated in an earlier thread on the PN Service Feedback usenet group...

& your logic is very questionable. My DSL service goes down, I have not got
any analogue connections I can use & you tell me to use Google. How, if I
can not get on the blasted web???

Old July 20th 05, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Lispcombe

bull****, you have a bt laptop with gsm and pstn