UK2.net TAG Change

Old July 20th 05, 08:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

Default UK2.net TAG Change

Sorry folks, a bit off topic this one but I am sure that someone here will
know the answer.

I have a .co.uk Domain name registered with uk2.net and I wish to move away
from them, so need to get the TAG changed. Maybe I need a trip to the
opticians but spending a fair while on thier web site I can't for the devel
see how I can achieve this, neither can I find any means of how to contact
them to place the request.

If anyone knows the steps I need to take for this normally simple task, I
would be grateful for a response.

David Bradley
Old July 20th 05, 10:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

"David Bradley" wrote in message
Sorry folks, a bit off topic this one but I am sure that someone here will
know the answer.

I have a .co.uk Domain name registered with uk2.net and I wish to move

away
from them, so need to get the TAG changed. Maybe I need a trip to the
opticians but spending a fair while on thier web site I can't for the

devel
see how I can achieve this, neither can I find any means of how to contact
them to place the request.

If anyone knows the steps I need to take for this normally simple task, I
would be grateful for a response.

Hi

I have a domain name registered with them but hosted elsewhere, This was
done by going to DNS managment puting the hosting companies Nameservers in
the relevent boxes.

Ian

Old July 20th 05, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:17:26 UTC, "Ian" spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk
wrote:

"David Bradley" wrote in message
Sorry folks, a bit off topic this one but I am sure that someone here will
know the answer.

I have a .co.uk Domain name registered with uk2.net and I wish to move

away
from them, so need to get the TAG changed. Maybe I need a trip to the
opticians but spending a fair while on thier web site I can't for the

devel
see how I can achieve this, neither can I find any means of how to contact
them to place the request.

If anyone knows the steps I need to take for this normally simple task, I
would be grateful for a response.

I have a domain name registered with them but hosted elsewhere, This was
done by going to DNS managment puting the hosting companies Nameservers in
the relevent boxes.

That doesn't, unfortunately, answer the question. The tag change is an
administration issue, and determines the ISP registering the domain on
behalf of a customer. The DNS entries are a separate issue.

Hopefully someone will have a contact number for the ISP.

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old July 20th 05, 11:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David G. Bell

On 20 Jul, in article

wrote:

[...]

A while back, when the current hosting company was seeming to be running
full tilt for disaster, I moved my domain name. I don't have details of
the process to hand, but I recall looking through the Nominet website
and finding instructions for moving the domain registration if contact
was difficult. But I don't recall having to resort to that, as the
automatic process was still working even though emails were blackholing.

There's been some changes since then, after one or two spectacular
registration shift exploits, worldwide.

"I am Number Two," said Penfold. "You are Number Six."
Old July 20th 05, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:06:26 UTC, ("David G.
Bell") wrote:

On 20 Jul, in article

"Bob Eager" wrote:
[...]

Actually, I had to do that once. I simply emailed Nominet and they told
me what I had to do. I was with a firm who subcontracted from Fasthosts,
then went bust. Fasthosts had their tag on it, but didn't want to know.
Nominet just gave them a fixed period before they re-tagged it for me.

I wish they'd taken eight weeks longer, and then Zetnet wouldn't have
ripped me off 75 quid for moving it again (I was leaving them!).
euthanasia recommended. ]
Old July 20th 05, 10:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On 20 Jul 2005 13:43:34 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:06:26 UTC, ("David G.
Bell") wrote:

On 20 Jul, in article

"Bob Eager" wrote:
[...]

Thank you all for the replies received. I systematically went through every
page on the web site and hidden in the text of one of the pages was a
hyperlink to contact them,

Their response came back within the hour give me a URL to transfer the TAG
out. If there are any UK2.net customers out there it might be worth noting it
down:
http://amail.co.uk/moveaway.htm
Part of the process involves sending them a fax on your headed notepaper [If
you are a private subscriber, I am not sure how you would do that!].

At first sight, there does not appear to be any transfer charges that will be
raised although I would be happy to pay a very nominal sum for the service
[i.e. sub 10] and would regard 75 as a total rip off - sadly there are quite
a few registrars that seem to think that such silly prices are perfectly OK.
My advice to any one making a move is to determine up front the entry and exit
costs.

I was aware of the DNS mangement facility with uk2.net but it is any extra
costing 1.49 a month. I am off to Compila:
http://web.compila.com/personal_page...ing_index.html whose total
costs are better value.

David Bradley

Old July 20th 05, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:45:19 +0100, David Bradley
wrote:

Part of the process involves sending them a fax on your headed notepaper [If
you are a private subscriber, I am not sure how you would do that!].

5 mins with a word processor g.

--
Cheers,

Guy