ADSL installation within 24-hours

Old July 20th 05, 01:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jack

Default ADSL installation within 24-hours

Hi, disregarding the reasons for doing so, is it possible to have ADSL
installed in my home office within twenty-four hours?

Thanks!

Old July 20th 05, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob C

Hi, disregarding the reasons for doing so, is it possible to have ADSL
installed in my home office within twenty-four hours?

Theoretically, yes. There are a number of steps involving several operating
organisations which would need to happen in sequence and it's not
unreasonable for the gods to smile on you and cast a fair wind. But I
somehow doubt it would ever happen in less than four or five days.

Old July 20th 05, 03:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

No! It will take a week at least.

Peter Crosland

Old July 20th 05, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Peter Crosland" writes:
No! It will take a week at least.

I've had 3 A&A ADSL lines installed now, and although they
always say they'll take 5 days, I think they were mostly done
within 3 days. The one which took longer was because it
failed it's 2Mb test and had to be resumbitted later
that evening as a 1Mb line, but that one probably only 4
days.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Old July 20th 05, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colly

"Jack" wrote in message
Hi, disregarding the reasons for doing so, is it possible to have ADSL
installed in my home office within twenty-four hours?

Thanks!

It would be easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle.
Colin

Old July 20th 05, 11:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
P H

"Jack" wrote in message
Hi, disregarding the reasons for doing so, is it possible to have ADSL
installed in my home office within twenty-four hours?

Thanks!

Yes, A friend of mine ordered BTYahoo at 17:30 (day One), and by 13:00 next
day she was up and running, done and dusted. Bees Nees !!! She was told "10
working days" by the teletubby.

73's de Phill H.

Old July 21st 05, 10:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Conway

Colly wrote:
"Jack" wrote in message

Hi, disregarding the reasons for doing so, is it possible to have ADSL
installed in my home office within twenty-four hours?

Thanks!

It would be easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle.
Colin

Not easier - but more likely
Old July 21st 05, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colly

"P H" wrote in message

"Jack" wrote in message
Hi, disregarding the reasons for doing so, is it possible to have ADSL
installed in my home office within twenty-four hours?

Thanks!

Yes, A friend of mine ordered BTYahoo at 17:30 (day One), and by 13:00
next day she was up and running, done and dusted. Bees Nees !!! She was
told "10 working days" by the teletubby.

73's de Phill H.

A friend of mine? Sounds like an urban myth from La La Land
colly

Old July 21st 05, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 21 Jul 2005 19:43 UTC, "Colly" wrote:

"P H" wrote in message

Yes, A friend of mine ordered BTYahoo at 17:30 (day One), and by 13:00
next day she was up and running, done and dusted. Bees Nees !!! She was
told "10 working days" by the teletubby.

73's de Phill H.

A friend of mine? Sounds like an urban myth from La La Land

However, Phill H has been posting here for a while, and I'd certainly give
him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps more than someone who might have been
lurking for years but only now pops up to suggest this is urban myth... PGM.
Old July 21st 05, 11:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
P H

"Colly" wrote in message

A friend of mine? Sounds like an urban myth from La La Land
colly

I know the time she was on the phone to BT, and I know the time I setup the
router. It's not what you know, but who. It's not a one off, because I
personaly have requested a PSTN/ADSL line and broadband provision before
which took two days start to finish, and most of that was waiting for the
engineering apointment to kick in. So when people say it can't be done in
the world of BT thay are wrong. However... 99.99% of the time thay could be
right.

73's de Phill H