Virgin broadband - ooh that's a bit sneaky

Old July 20th 05, 10:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred

Default Virgin broadband - ooh that's a bit sneaky

I set up a chum with Virgin broadband on the 17.99 service about
Christmas time. If memory serves it was the most basic service, capped to
2 or 3 Gig which was more than enough for this user. By the looks they
have upgraded this service to 6G (plan2) and introduced a new 3G service
below it (plan3) at 14.99. Looking at it from my perspective they moved my
guy off the 3G service which dropped in price to 14.99 and stuck him on an
unwanted 6G service instead, but I doubt they'll see it that way.

Anyone know when Virgin shuffled their services as I'd like to be forearmed
for my 'chat' with them.
--
fred

Old July 20th 05, 10:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chip

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:30:19 GMT,it is alleged that "Piers James"
spake thusly in uk.telecom.broadband:

"fred" wrote in message ...
I set up a chum with Virgin broadband on the 17.99 service about
Christmas time. If memory serves it was the most basic service, capped to
2 or 3 Gig which was more than enough for this user. By the looks they
have upgraded this service to 6G (plan2) and introduced a new 3G service
below it (plan3) at 14.99. Looking at it from my perspective they moved my
guy off the 3G service which dropped in price to 14.99 and stuck him on an
unwanted 6G service instead, but I doubt they'll see it that way.

Anyone know when Virgin shuffled their services as I'd like to be
forearmed
for my 'chat' with them.
--
fred

May, I think, maybe even early June. I was unaware of the 3G level
being available still. I shall have *harsh* words involving the terms
'refund' and 'MAC code now'.

--
The follies which a man regrets most in his life are those
which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity.
Old July 21st 05, 06:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

fred wrote:
I set up a chum with Virgin broadband on the 17.99 service about
Christmas time. If memory serves it was the most basic service, capped to
2 or 3 Gig which was more than enough for this user. By the looks they
have upgraded this service to 6G (plan2) and introduced a new 3G service
below it (plan3) at 14.99. Looking at it from my perspective they moved my
guy off the 3G service which dropped in price to 14.99 and stuck him on an
unwanted 6G service instead, but I doubt they'll see it that way.

Anyone know when Virgin shuffled their services as I'd like to be forearmed
for my 'chat' with them.

There never was a "3 Gig" service, it was always called Plan 2 with a 3
Gig download limit. Virgin sent out an email on 12/05/05 saying that
they had doubled the limit to 6 Gig, so they improved the service for free.
At the same time they introduced a new Plan 3 with a 3 Gig limit at a
cost of 14.99. You can change your plan easily from the Virgin homepage.