Tiscali & Outlook

Old July 20th 05, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave S.

Default Tiscali & Outlook

Is it true that Outlook cannot be used for email if using Tiscali broadband?
I don't know why this should be so, but I'm sure I remember reading it
somewhere.

Old July 20th 05, 11:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"Dave S." wrote in message
Is it true that Outlook cannot be used for email if using Tiscali

broadband?
I don't know why this should be so, but I'm sure I remember reading it
somewhere.

Not true. It works fine with Tiscali.

Old July 21st 05, 12:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rupert

Yep. http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/email/..._settings.html

Old July 21st 05, 05:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:13:36 +0100, Dave S. wrote:

Is it true that Outlook cannot be used for email if using Tiscali broadband?
I don't know why this should be so, but I'm sure I remember reading it
somewhere.

If your not already with them, I would google on this group for previous
discussions re Tiscali before you sign up.

Dave

Old July 21st 05, 06:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Krystian Craig

Dave
Not true
I am with with and use outlook with no problems.

Krystian

news

Old July 21st 05, 06:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Krystian Craig

"Krystian Craig" wrote in message
Dave
Not true
I am with them and use outlook 6 with no problems.

Old July 21st 05, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"Krystian Craig" wrote in message
Dave
Not true
I am with with and use outlook with no problems.

Krystian

Which package are you on Krystian?

Old July 21st 05, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 06:08:28 +0100, Krystian Craig wrote:

Dave
Not true
I am with with and use outlook with no problems.

Krystian

What do you mean, ' not true'. There are always Tiscali topics on here.

Please explain

Dave
Old July 21st 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Krystian Craig

I am with tiscali broadband and use Outlook and have no problems with it
works just like dial up but quicker.

Old July 21st 05, 07:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Cummings

In message , Dave S.
writes
Is it true that Outlook cannot be used for email if using Tiscali broadband?
I don't know why this should be so, but I'm sure I remember reading it
somewhere.

Do Tiscali require authentication for SMTP ?

ISTR that an older version - possibly Outlook 97, but I'm not sure -
can't do auth. SMTP.

Could that be what you read somewhere ?
--
Ian Cummings