Caller ID fails after signing up to BT Privacy

Old July 21st 05, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

Default Caller ID fails after signing up to BT Privacy

Be aware if you previously subscribed to BT's caller id, and have
signed up to BT Privacy, which provides "free caller ID", your caller
id will fail.

Fault in BT script apparently; very bright after a week of wasted calls
with Indian call centre who have never heard of BT Privacy option.

Useful tip from engineer was to check your line is activated [assuming
you have it] is to dial *234# and message will confirm, or otherwise.

If BT advised this at outset we'd all be a lot happier.

Old July 22nd 05, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ComPCs

In article ,

[...]

"ComPCs" wrote in message
t...

FU's to uk.telecom

Be courteous enough to either follow up to the set group, or acknowledge
your 'amendment'.

[thread set to ignore]

Old July 22nd 05, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Gel:
Be aware if you previously subscribed to BT's caller id, and have
signed up to BT Privacy, which provides "free caller ID", your caller
id will fail.

Fault in BT script apparently; very bright after a week of wasted
calls with Indian call centre who have never heard of BT Privacy
option.

Useful tip from engineer was to check your line is activated [assuming
you have it] is to dial *234# and message will confirm, or otherwise.

If BT advised this at outset we'd all be a lot happier.

I was subscribed to Caller Display, and then on the 1st July switched to BT
Privacy, not had any problem at all.

For Free £10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk, £5 when referred to
easyMobile or £25 when you join Smile contact me via above site.