UK Online LLU ADSL settings

Old July 22nd 05, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Default UK Online LLU ADSL settings

A friend of mine has signed up for UK Online's LLU ADSL service (512k). He has
been a UKO dial up customer for a number of years.

Today he received his ADSL log on details, and notice that the service is
'live'. I've set up a Safecom router for him, which I thoroughly checked first
using my own Plusnet connection. It was fine.

However for him there appears to be no connection, I've double checked that
we've entered his log on and password correctly (and saved the changes) but no
luck. UKO CS say that everything should be OK at their end, but I assume that
BT or UKO have not actually connected him at the local exchange.

Before I go any further can anyone confirm that the ADSL parameters for UKO
LLU services, are exactly the same as 'BT Wholesale' connections, such as my
Plusnet one ?

--
Mark
Old July 22nd 05, 10:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"Mark Carver" wrote in message

Before I go any further can anyone confirm that the ADSL parameters for

UKO
LLU services, are exactly the same as 'BT Wholesale' connections, such as

my
Plusnet one ?

And probably the same as Bulldog's LLU, ppoa, 0,38 the usual adsl
parameters..

P.

Old July 23rd 05, 12:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Valentine

In article ,
Mark Carver wrote:
A friend of mine has signed up for UK Online's LLU ADSL service (512k). He has
been a UKO dial up customer for a number of years.

Today he received his ADSL log on details, and notice that the service is
'live'. I've set up a Safecom router for him, which I thoroughly checked first
using my own Plusnet connection. It was fine.

However for him there appears to be no connection, I've double checked that
we've entered his log on and password correctly (and saved the changes) but no
luck. UKO CS say that everything should be OK at their end, but I assume that
BT or UKO have not actually connected him at the local exchange.

Before I go any further can anyone confirm that the ADSL parameters for UKO
LLU services, are exactly the same as 'BT Wholesale' connections, such as my
Plusnet one ?

Similar problem here - BT migrated me from Pipex Solo on 12th July and my
Netgear DG814 shows the ATM layer connected at 8000 Kb/s (usual PPPoA
parameters: VC, VPI=0/VCI=38), but no PPP connection at all.

UK Online have been useless, from their confusion over which day I was migrated
to not even being able to provide an estimate for when an engineer would look
at my problem, until yesterday when I called in to cancel my contract and they
flurried into action to test my connection and then blame my router and refuse
to cancel the contract without charging me for a year (this is tech support -
the customer services people say they can cancel but without tech support's
help the paperwork takes a month!).

If you want to share news on this, drop me a line (I'm waiting for someone
in UK Online management to get back to me after a prod from Ofcom).

Having said all that, I got my ADSL log on details well before the migration
date - are you actually seeing ATM packets flow, as I am?

I'm actually inclined to believe that in my case (due to the confusion in
provisioning date), it's probably something stupid like them not actually
configuring their switch to forward my PPP packets.

Mark.
--
"Tigers will do ANYTHING for a tuna fish sandwich."
"We're kind of stupid that way." *munch* *munch*
Old July 23rd 05, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Mark Valentine wrote:
In article ,
Mark Carver wrote:

Before I go any further can anyone confirm that the ADSL parameters for UKO
LLU services, are exactly the same as 'BT Wholesale' connections, such as my
Plusnet one ?

Similar problem here - BT migrated me from Pipex Solo on 12th July and my
Netgear DG814 shows the ATM layer connected at 8000 Kb/s (usual PPPoA
parameters: VC, VPI=0/VCI=38), but no PPP connection at all.

My friend's router is set up with those parameters.

UK Online have been useless, from their confusion over which day I was migrated
to not even being able to provide an estimate for when an engineer would look
at my problem, until yesterday when I called in to cancel my contract and they
flurried into action to test my connection and then blame my router and refuse
to cancel the contract without charging me for a year (this is tech support -
the customer services people say they can cancel but without tech support's
help the paperwork takes a month!).

If you want to share news on this, drop me a line (I'm waiting for someone
in UK Online management to get back to me after a prod from Ofcom).

Having said all that, I got my ADSL log on details well before the migration
date - are you actually seeing ATM packets flow, as I am?

No, there's nothing at all, I'm almost certain there's no ADSL carrier
(certainly no extra noise if I plug a phone in without a filter)

I'm actually inclined to believe that in my case (due to the confusion in
provisioning date), it's probably something stupid like them not actually
configuring their switch to forward my PPP packets.

My friend is simply trying to migrate from UKO dial-up to UKO ADSL.
Fortunately he doesn't miss what he hasn't experienced yet ! He signed up for
the ADSL upgrade about 6 weeks ago now.

--
Mark
Old July 23rd 05, 06:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mr_flibble

Mark Carver Wrote:
Mark Valentine wrote:-
In article ,
Mark Carver
--

-
[...]

Are you inputting the username with the exchange ident for the LLU?
for example mine is:

Where LCCAR is my exchange.

Ukonline neglected to tell me when I signed up. But all was well afte
a phone call.

Everything else is as for normal ADSL.

Hope you get online soon

--