Broadband/Cordless phone query

Old July 25th 05, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Observer

Default Broadband/Cordless phone query

I have two cordless phone systems, one with a single handset and one with
two. As long as these all have filters on, will this be OK? (BB arrives on
Wednesday)

Regards and thanks in advance

P J Macguire

Old July 25th 05, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:03:35 +0100, "Observer"
wrote:

I have two cordless phone systems, one with a single handset and one with
two. As long as these all have filters on, will this be OK? (BB arrives on
Wednesday)

Regards and thanks in advance

P J Macguire

I have a cordless phone and it is fine. Mine is a DECT system but I
have heard of older cordless phones causing/having interference.

HTH

Harry

-----------------------------
Web Design for Wise Owls - www.WiseWebs.co.uk
Old July 25th 05, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Observer wrote:
I have two cordless phone systems, one with a single handset and one
with two. As long as these all have filters on, will this be OK? (BB
arrives on Wednesday)

Regards and thanks in advance

P J Macguire

Certain onlder models may require double filtering, but in general you
should be fine (wonders why you don't just go out & buy a 3 handset DECT
system, but that's your decision)...

Old July 25th 05, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David G. Bell

On Monday, in article

[email protected]&die "kraftee" wrote:

Observer wrote:
I have two cordless phone systems, one with a single handset and one
with two. As long as these all have filters on, will this be OK? (BB
arrives on Wednesday)

Regards and thanks in advance

P J Macguire

Certain onlder models may require double filtering, but in general you
should be fine (wonders why you don't just go out & buy a 3 handset DECT
system, but that's your decision)...

Multi-handset DECT can be a PITA when you want two people to listen to
the same call, and the other person picks the handset up while you're
trying to set things up...

I picked up a four-handset system in a sale, and the way my father
complains about the differences I wish I'd never bothered. Maybe I'll
eBay it.

"I am Number Two," said Penfold. "You are Number Six."
Old July 25th 05, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:03:35 +0100, Observer wrote:

I have two cordless phone systems, one with a single handset and one with
two. As long as these all have filters on, will this be OK? (BB arrives on
Wednesday)

Regards and thanks in advance

P J Macguire

I have BT DECT phone and needed to get a better quality filter for it
before it was ok. All other filters in house are £1 Ebuyer filters.

Dave

Old July 29th 05, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

wrote:

I have two cordless phone systems, one with a single handset and one with
two. As long as these all have filters on, will this be OK? (BB arrives on
Wednesday)

Regards and thanks in advance

P J Macguire

I have a cordless phone and it is fine. Mine is a DECT system but I
have heard of older cordless phones causing/having interference.

HTH

Harry

-----------------------------
Web Design for Wise Owls - www.WiseWebs.co.uk

On both a DECT phone, and an older cordless phone, when plugging them
into the splitter, noise increased by 10dB, and became very variable over
time.
(with a 99p ebuyer splitter).
Purchasing a faceplate filter from http://www.solwise.co.uk/ meant that
the connection has stayed at 14.5-15.5dB SNR margin ever since.
Old July 29th 05, 08:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On 29 Jul 2005 13:16:34 GMT, Ian Stirling
wrote:

(with a 99p ebuyer splitter).

:-)

Phil