D-link DSL-G604T And Doom 3

Old July 25th 05, 11:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
muzz

Default D-link DSL-G604T And Doom 3

I have been trying all week to run a dedicated server through my
router, the D-Link DSL-G604T with no success.
When I use a Speedtouch modem it works fine but not through the router.

I run windows XP SP2 and have configured this to have a static IP.

I can join a game on the internet but I cannot host one.
I have tried the virtual server settings , when this didn't work I
enabled DMZ for my IP I even disabled the firewall on the router and
still no luck.

Has anyone been able to host games through this router ?
I should mention that I have the same problem with another game I
tried, Call Of Duty. This also works if I just use my old broadband
modem.

Old July 26th 05, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

"muzz" wrote in message
oups.com...
:
: I have been trying all week to run a dedicated server through my
: router, the D-Link DSL-G604T with no success.
: When I use a Speedtouch modem it works fine but not through the router.
:
: I run windows XP SP2 and have configured this to have a static IP.
:
: I can join a game on the internet but I cannot host one.
: I have tried the virtual server settings , when this didn't work I
: enabled DMZ for my IP I even disabled the firewall on the router and
: still no luck.
:
: Has anyone been able to host games through this router ?
: I should mention that I have the same problem with another game I
: tried, Call Of Duty. This also works if I just use my old broadband
: modem.
:

Call: 0845 612 0003
Lines open:
8.00am - 10.00pm
Monday - Friday
10.00am - 7.00pm
Saturday & Sunday

Chris

Old July 27th 05, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
muzz

Aye that helpline was good fun. I went through everything I had done
and how my router was currently configured. The conversation was
roughly as follows but with long periods of silence added in after my
lines:

Me. Explaining my current set-up.

Helpline. Have you made sure you have all the ports opened for the
particular game?

Me. Yes I have visited various Doom 3 sites just to double check the
ports.

Helpline. You could enable DMZ for your PC'

Me. I have tried that before, it doesn't make any difference.

Helpline. Make sure you do have the correct ports

Me. I am sure they are Ok, should I be doing anything else apart from
the ports settings in virtual server, what about the filters.

Helpline. err um er um etc etc.

Me. I'll try that DMZ thing again and ring back if it doesn't work.

Helpline. OK

Click

So no surprises that the D-link helpline is similar to the BT helpline
or indeed most others. No help whatsoever.

Old July 27th 05, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adam Piggott

Old July 27th 05, 08:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
muzz

Ahh Adam, as you can see I'm still trying, although it was Call Of Duty
last time, which still doesn't work.

I'm in the Highlands I'm afraid, and it's not such an important task as
for me to pay for it to be resolved anyway :-)

I can host with my modem but it's just bugging me that I can't get the
router to do it.

Maybe I'll see you again on the next ng I try :-)

Old July 28th 05, 09:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adam Piggott

Old July 31st 05, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WeeWillyTonka

"muzz" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I would phone back,as when I was having a problem with my dlink,the guy run
some remote test on the ports I needed open ping ect,and walked me around
the set-up I needed to do,this included editing the windoz host file.

Chris