Which ISP ?

Old July 25th 05, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Rie

Default Which ISP ?

Hi all,

I am looking for a new ISP for broadband,

would like

1. Unlimited download
2. 1 Meg upwards speed

Looking at options for a either a monthly contract or a year long contract,
as I will be in a fixed location for ten months.

I know its a very broad request but I have been with the same ISP for three
years and now I have to move to a new location.
Any links to good websites for more info reviews ? Have looksed at Net4nowt
and ADSLguide so far.

Many thanks

Mr Rie

Old July 25th 05, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George

"Mr Rie" wrote in message
Hi all,

I am looking for a new ISP for broadband,

would like

1. Unlimited download
2. 1 Meg upwards speed

Looking at options for a either a monthly contract or a year long
contract, as I will be in a fixed location for ten months.

I know its a very broad request but I have been with the same ISP for
three years and now I have to move to a new location.
Any links to good websites for more info reviews ? Have looksed at
Net4nowt and ADSLguide so far.

Many thanks

Mr Rie

I would look at Freedom2Surf, they offer 'up to 8 meg' for £24.99 per
month, with no caps. Realistically though, unless you are in their LLU
area, the maximum you can hope for at the moment is 2 meg. I've used
them for 2 years, and I've never had a single problem. I get top speeds
even at peak times. Check them out on ADSLguide.org.uk - they rank above
just above everyone in just about every category

George

Old July 26th 05, 02:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Check out Plus.Net, they are very reliable and have won awards for their
customer service,
yet they are one of the cheapest. I have been with them for over two years
and can't fault them.
You can get 2Mb/s unlimited for £14.99 p.m. - they do slow down music, video
or binary downloads at busy times, but that is no problem to most users.
For full unlimited 2Mb/s, choose the Premium service at £21.99.
They will offer free speed upgrade when 4Mb/s and 8Mb/s becomes available.

If you sign up with them please use my ID 'wester' as a referrer and save me
few pence,
thanks, regards,
Martin

Old July 26th 05, 02:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 25 Jul 2005 20:24 GMT, "Mr Rie" wrote:

1. Unlimited download
2. 1 Meg upwards speed

Looking at options for a either a monthly contract or a year long contract,
as I will be in a fixed location for ten months.

Metronet (3 month minimum contract, has speeds up to 2000 kbps), Zen, Nildram,
and many others will all offer 1 month contract, as does the ISP I use, but it
might still depend what you expect of "Unlimited" downloading... perhaps there
would be a better response if you gave some idea of actual traffic level you
want/need... ISPs are most likely to have some upper limit (at cost). PGM.

Old July 26th 05, 08:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Martin² wrote:
Check out Plus.Net, they are very reliable and have won awards for
their customer service,
yet they are one of the cheapest. I have been with them for over two
years and can't fault them.
You can get 2Mb/s unlimited for £14.99 p.m. - they do slow down
music, video or binary downloads at busy times, but that is no
problem to most users. For full unlimited 2Mb/s, choose the Premium
service at £21.99. They will offer free speed upgrade when 4Mb/s and 8Mb/s
becomes
available.
If you sign up with them please use my ID 'wester' as a referrer and
save me few pence,
thanks, regards,

You're apparently forgetting the F(air)U(ser/sage)P(olicy) which Plusnet do
enforce.

To those not familiar it's a undefined cap, which although they have been
asked time & time again about PN have not given any defined limits...

Old July 26th 05, 04:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom

"Mr Rie" wrote in message
Hi all,

I am looking for a new ISP for broadband,

would like

1. Unlimited download
2. 1 Meg upwards speed

Looking at options for a either a monthly contract or a year long
contract, as I will be in a fixed location for ten months.

I know its a very broad request but I have been with the same ISP for
three years and now I have to move to a new location.
Any links to good websites for more info reviews ? Have looksed at
Net4nowt and ADSLguide so far.

Many thanks

Mr Rie

Give Tiscali a miss, they don't do migration, and most other ISPs are
offering faster packages for the same money or less. Thumbs down for
Tiscali (again).

Old July 26th 05, 09:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Rie

"poster" wrote in message
. net...
On 25 Jul 2005 20:24 GMT, "Mr Rie" wrote:

1. Unlimited download
2. 1 Meg upwards speed

Looking at options for a either a monthly contract or a year long
contract,
as I will be in a fixed location for ten months.

Metronet (3 month minimum contract, has speeds up to 2000 kbps), Zen,
Nildram,
and many others will all offer 1 month contract, as does the ISP I use,
but it
might still depend what you expect of "Unlimited" downloading... perhaps
there
would be a better response if you gave some idea of actual traffic level
you
want/need... ISPs are most likely to have some upper limit (at cost).
PGM.

I want unlimited downloads, no caps, no fair use policy or close to it.

Thanks

Mr Rie

Old July 26th 05, 11:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mick

"Tom" wrote in message

"Mr Rie" wrote in message
Hi all,

I am looking for a new ISP for broadband,

would like

1. Unlimited download
2. 1 Meg upwards speed

Looking at options for a either a monthly contract or a year long
contract, as I will be in a fixed location for ten months.

Similar position here I was going to upgrade my NTLworld dialup package to
the fixed price all uk telephone calls and adsl at fixed price of £24.99.
After being told it might take upto 4 weeks from activication date to being
online I looked around and have decided on Force9 Plus at £14.99 and use
18866 for my phone calls. Downside is losing the ntl email accounts after 6
years, will have to start using just my domain email address's so as not to
get into the same position again.
Mick