Pop3 query please!

Old July 25th 05, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default Pop3 query please!

Hi Folks
I have recently gone onto broadband and have small a niggle and
wondered if anyone had any ideas?.
I have a dual boot desktop with XP pro and Linux(xandros) and a laptop
running XP wirelessly (is that a word?).They are linked to my adsl line
via a Linksys adsl gateway (wag54g).Now the niggle, I have full web and
email access with the laptop, full web and email access with the Linux
partition but only web access with the XP pro partition. If I try to
send or receive emails with XP pro I just get an error message saying I
am unable to access the pop3 server but I have identical settings on
the different os`s.My hunch is the router maybe some firewall setting I
have done incorrectly?. I don`t think its my ISP as no problems with
the other os`s.All os`s have the latest updates but I`m a bit stuck
what to try next.Anyone know of any issues with XP pro and Linksys
routers please.
Cheers
Steve

Old July 25th 05, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]
:

Look at the setting of XPs firewall

Chris

Old July 26th 05, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Sorry Chris forgot to say I have Zone alarm on both XP pro and XP with
similar firewall settings, The windows firewall is disabled. I seem to
be able to send emails now with messing about with the Zone alarm
firewall but still get errors trying to receive them. Looks like the
firewall might be the problem.
Cheers again
Steve

Old July 28th 05, 12:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mark eldon

possibly norton anti virus too

if this IS your virus product , add your email account again into Outlook
/
Outlook Express

"Steve" wrote in message
[...]

It has removed 0 spam emails to date.