ISP with static IP

Old July 25th 05, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Don Carter

Default ISP with static IP

Finally get out of AOHell in September and am looking to transfer to
an iSP with static IP addresses. I know about Demon, but rumour has
it that they're not accepting transfers.

Any recommendations?

Don
Old July 26th 05, 12:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

"Don Carter" wrote in message
Finally get out of AOHell in September and am looking to transfer to
an iSP with static IP addresses. I know about Demon, but rumour has
it that they're not accepting transfers.

Any recommendations?

Don

Metronet, 1 is free then you pay if you want more.
3month contract.

Personally been very pleased.

Ian

Old July 26th 05, 12:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Marky

www.plus.net

great isp, and easy to transfer too.

Old July 26th 05, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ComPCs

In article ,
says...

www.plus.net

great isp, and easy to transfer too.

Plusnet do not offer fixed IP's on the 'Broadband Plus' range of
products however.
Old July 26th 05, 01:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Iain

"Don Carter" wrote in message
Finally get out of AOHell in September and am looking to transfer to
an iSP with static IP addresses. I know about Demon, but rumour has
it that they're not accepting transfers.

The £25 Demon homeoffice with static ip does accept transfers. Only the
19.99 cheap and cheerful demon home doesnt, and that is dynamic ip anyway.

You can check with demon but I'm fairly sure the above is correct.

Old July 26th 05, 02:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Plusnet do not offer fixed IP's on the 'Broadband Plus' range of
products however.

While that's true, if you use a router it will stick to the same IP even
after reboot or powercut.
But if you want to be sure sign up for the Premier account which is still
good value at £21.99.
If you do sign up with Plus.Net please use my ID 'wester' as a referrer and
save me few pence,
thanks, regards,
Martin

Old July 26th 05, 05:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:58:53 +0100, Don Carter wrote:

Finally get out of AOHell in September and am looking to transfer to
an iSP with static IP addresses. I know about Demon, but rumour has
it that they're not accepting transfers.

Any recommendations?

Don

Metronet do fixed IP as standard.

Dave

Old July 26th 05, 09:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sniffer

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 02:05:46 +0100, Martin² wrote:

Plusnet do not offer fixed IP's on the 'Broadband Plus' range of
products however.

While that's true, if you use a router it will stick to the same IP even
after reboot or powercut.

Only for a period of time. Like all dynamically assigned addresses, once
the leasetime assigned to it by Plusnet has expired, it returns to the IP
pool.

Old July 26th 05, 09:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Nuttall

Marky wrote in article news:[email protected]
reader03.plus.net:

www.plus.net

great isp, and easy to transfer too.

Agreed, unless you want a reliable usenet service.

--
Keith Nuttall
www.yammer.co.uk