BT Voyager driver removal

Old July 26th 05, 12:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ant May

Default BT Voyager driver removal

Hi,

Can anyone help me completely uninstall the BT Voyager drivers so that I can
reinstall them again? I have tried uninstalling them by following the
uninstall routine, unplugging modem, etc - restart and then reinstall but am
still having the same problem when I try and connect (which is Sync fine but
can not connect to remote computer). I am pretty sure it is drivers. The
problem has occurred since uninstalling Norton Antivirus.

I've tried downloading the latest drivers from BT but no help.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

Old July 27th 05, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George

"Ant May" wrote in message
Hi,

Can anyone help me completely uninstall the BT Voyager drivers so that
I can reinstall them again? I have tried uninstalling them by
following the uninstall routine, unplugging modem, etc - restart and
then reinstall but am still having the same problem when I try and
connect (which is Sync fine but can not connect to remote computer).
I am pretty sure it is drivers. The problem has occurred since
uninstalling Norton Antivirus.

I've tried downloading the latest drivers from BT but no help.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

If you are having problems uninstalling BT voyager drivers, try
unplugging the USB cable, running the file Doctor.exe, which should be
in the same directory as setup.exe. After that restart, and run set up.
If that doesn't work, see if you can login using
[email protected]_domain. If you can, but not with your own login,
contact your ISP. If you can't, what error code do you get? If it is
676, the phone line is busy, a Winsock fix might resolve your problem.

Also, which model of Voyager do you have, and who is you ISP? The reason
I ask, is that AOL us a different driver for this modem, and the one
from the BT site doesn't work to well. AOL now use PPPoE, but the
standard BT driver is PPPoA. I know AOL are planning to close the PPPoA
network soon, so that may be your issue.

Hope this helps

George