Same Broadband account works from two addresses!!!! (?)

Old July 27th 05, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rab C Nesbitt

Default Same Broadband account works from two addresses!!!! (?)

Dear all:

I am the (happy-ish ) user of PlusNet (2Mb... )

I found by accident that "my" broadband account worked from a neighbours
house,,, I had thought it was supposed to work from my (physical) BT line
only - any comments???

(Found out as neighbour's 16 yr old Daughter had a screwed up PC and as the
closest person able to spell "PC" was asked if I could help (fair enuf.... )

Found 65 viruses (!!!!))) and was unable to restore with manufacturers CD
(yes, I was surprised they had them) so ended up installing WIN98 etc etc...
Doing all this at my house, set it up with "my" broadband to PlusNet... give
the working box to neighbour and 3 hours later am asked "should your
broadband work 'coz it does... " ??

Needless to say I've changed the password, but was surprised that that was
possible....)

Yours aye

Rab

Old July 27th 05, 06:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
P.R.Brady

Rab C Nesbitt wrote:
[...]

My Netgear router from home works into my domestic Plusnet account if
plugged into ADSL in the office. I tried this as a sanity check as,
sadly, it won't work at home until BT remove that DACS.
Phil

Old July 27th 05, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eric Parker

"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Dear all:

I am the (happy-ish ) user of PlusNet (2Mb... )

Snip

Hi there,

Due to the way BT's Serivce Selection Barring works, if your neighbour
has a PlusNet broadband connection, your router will be able to connect
from their line to your account. It's only restricted to the realm the
line has been activated for, in yours and your neighbours case most
likely @plusdsl.net

Hope that helps explain the apparent problem.

Regards,
--
| Alex Crosby Broadband Solutions for
| Customer Support Home & Business @
| PlusNet plc
www.plus.net
+------ PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------

Alex

Can I point you at a ticket I raised recently ?
16846325
The answer I got seems to contradict yours.

eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly

Old July 27th 05, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eric Parker

"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Alex

Can I point you at a ticket I raised recently ?
16846325
The answer I got seems to contradict yours.

eric

Hi Eric,

This is because the answer you received was incorrect, sorry. I will
ensure the agent in question is educated further on the subject.

Regards,
--
| Alex Crosby Broadband Solutions for
| Customer Support Home & Business @
| PlusNet plc
www.plus.net
+------ PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------

Alex

Thanks for that.
As you can imagine, it makes life easier for me to be able to supply modems/routers
that I know are already configured and working.

eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly