No Capacity In Exchange

Old July 28th 05, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Flipflops

Default No Capacity In Exchange

Ok guys, I've just been told by my ISP that there is "NO CAPACITY IN
EXCHANGE. We have to wait for BT to install new equipment or for a circuit
to be ceased in your local exchange.".

The exchange (Amisfield or WSAMI) was supposed to be enabled on the 13th of
July. According to the BT website it has now been done as of 22nd July. My
order was in on the 9th of July. It seems unlikely that the entire village
has suddenly ordered broadband, and from that, I can only assume that the
first DSLAM has yet to be installed at my exchange. Does this make sense,
even when an exchange is supposedy ADSL enabled?

What an utterly frustrating carry-on, with BT and their nonsense once more.

21st century Britain... yawn...

Rgds

Stuart

Old July 28th 05, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Mr Flipflops wrote:
Ok guys, I've just been told by my ISP that there is "NO CAPACITY IN
EXCHANGE. We have to wait for BT to install new equipment or for a
circuit to be ceased in your local exchange.".

The exchange (Amisfield or WSAMI) was supposed to be enabled on the
13th of July. According to the BT website it has now been done as of
22nd July. My order was in on the 9th of July. It seems unlikely
that the entire village has suddenly ordered broadband, and from
that, I can only assume that the first DSLAM has yet to be installed
at my exchange. Does this make sense, even when an exchange is
supposedy ADSL enabled?
What an utterly frustrating carry-on, with BT and their nonsense once
more.
21st century Britain... yawn...

Rgds

Stuart

Which ISP? If you decided (for what ever reasons) to go for one who supply
their services by data stream that could be the blockage...

Old July 28th 05, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

Mr Flipflops wrote:
Ok guys, I've just been told by my ISP that there is "NO CAPACITY IN
EXCHANGE. We have to wait for BT to install new equipment or for a circuit
to be ceased in your local exchange.".

The exchange (Amisfield or WSAMI) was supposed to be enabled on the 13th of
July. According to the BT website it has now been done as of 22nd July. My
order was in on the 9th of July. It seems unlikely that the entire village
has suddenly ordered broadband, and from that, I can only assume that the
first DSLAM has yet to be installed at my exchange. Does this make sense,
even when an exchange is supposedy ADSL enabled?

What an utterly frustrating carry-on, with BT and their nonsense once more.

21st century Britain... yawn...

Rgds

Stuart

This happened to my parents exchange - the rfs date was pushed back a
few weeks after they had preordered it, Metronet then showed it as
having no capacity also. A week after the exchanged was finally enabled
their cs chap checked again with BT and capacity had magically been
provided :-)

Rob
Old July 28th 05, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Flipflops

Which ISP? If you decided (for what ever reasons) to go for one who supply
their services by data stream that could be the blockage...

ISP is Force9.

Old July 28th 05, 09:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Flipflops

[...]

Good, I have a feeling it's going to be something along those lines. Been
waiting years for this ;-).

Old July 28th 05, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:16:41 GMT, "Mr Flipflops"
wrote:

Good, I have a feeling it's going to be something along those lines.

the error message thrown up when an exchange is delayed seems to be
either "no capacity" or people interpret it as such. I guess it was
pre-loaded with the original date and they use a fudge to block
ordering if its not ready.

Phil