Bulldog Broadband - Nusaince phonecalls

Old July 29th 05, 03:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Liddle Feesh

Default Bulldog Broadband - Nusaince phonecalls

Has anyone else received these?

I entered a partial phonenumber into their "can you get BB in your area"
telephone checker, which didn't work - so I entered our full number; now
they've sold my number to an Indian telemarketing firm who keep calling me
(on behalf of BB).

I thought the Data Protection Act covers use of information other than the
purpose (telemarketing) for which it was collected (validation of service).

Surely can't just be me, but I can't find anything else on Google Groups.

Anyone else getting pestered by this broadband provider?

--
Liddle Feesh

"//

Old July 29th 05, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul C

Oh Yes...Wife kept putting them off saying I would be back at so and so
time.

Just told them I was not interested, after they told me there would be
broadband downtime of 2-3 weeks transferring from BT. That was yesterday, so
they better not phone back.

Don't give them your name as all they have is the number you entered on the
site.

I don't like the way they lie to you straight away saying 'This is Mark
calling, or this is Jane calling" when it obviously is not.

Paul

Old July 30th 05, 01:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Don Carter

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:53:32 +0100, "Paul C"
wrote:

[...]

I calle dmine a rather rude hindi name, then emailed Bulldog and
threatened them with Ofcom. Got an apology and no further calls.
Old July 31st 05, 09:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Welham

wrote:

[...]

I had the same (cold calls from bulldog). I called their sales
department, where no manager was available!!. I pointed out that I was a
member of the TPS scheme and it was illegal to call me. They apologised
and promised to remove my number from the list.

If I get any more calls I will report them with out warning to TPSL.

Due to this unwanted cold call, I now have no intention using Bulldog
services.

--
To reply via email, first reverse the address below then replace the
(at) with @ and the (dot) with . moc(tod)xepip(tod)lsd(ta)spuorgswen_werdna
Old July 31st 05, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stefan Kaniuk

threatened them with Ofcom. Got an apology and no further calls.

Are you sure they actually replied and aplogised, from reading previous
posts on here it would appear BULLS*** dont seem to know the true meaning of
customer service :-)