Bulldog and 18866

Old July 29th 05, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
chrischivers

Default Bulldog and 18866

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am interested in gettin
Bulldog Broadband (inc line rental). Does the 18866 service (or 080
170 7788 alternative number) work with this company?

Many Thanks

Chri

--
chrischivers
Old July 29th 05, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Deag

"chrischivers" wrote in
message . ..

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am interested in getting
Bulldog Broadband (inc line rental). Does the 18866 service (or 0808
170 7788 alternative number) work with this company?

Many Thanks

Chris

Yes it does (the 0800 does), but you would be better off with the 1899
number (www.1899.com) for peak calls as they charge a flat 3p whereas 18866
charge per minute.

Old July 30th 05, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Deag

Yes it does (the 0800 does), but you would be better off with the 1899
number (www.1899.com) for peak calls as they charge a flat 3p whereas
18866
charge per minute.

For calls to where ? 18866 has a 2p connection fee, 1899 charges 3p, but
the cost per call after that can be from 0p/min (for UK geographic
landline
numbers) on both of them, so for UK calls (only) one might pay 50% more
when
using 1899 compared with 18866. All depends on where one calls. Peter
M.

Sorry I should have added UK calls. 18866 charge 0.5p/per minute on their
0800 number whereas 1899 is 0p. That is the differenve betwenn them.

Old July 30th 05, 12:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 07:42:13 +0100, poster
wrote:

On 29 Jul 2005 20:29, "Deag" wrote:

Yes it does (the 0800 does), but you would be better off with the 1899
number (www.1899.com) for peak calls as they charge a flat 3p whereas 18866
charge per minute.

For calls to where ? 18866 has a 2p connection fee, 1899 charges 3p, but
the cost per call after that can be from 0p/min (for UK geographic landline
numbers) on both of them, so for UK calls (only) one might pay 50% more when
using 1899 compared with 18866. All depends on where one calls. Peter M.

Not so. Read Deag's post again. Deag is referring to per minute
charges when accessing 18866 via 0808 number. You are referring to
charges when accessing via 18866 or 1899 prefix. See
http://www.call18866.co.uk/mobilerates.php for details.

--
cerberus
Old July 30th 05, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 30 Jul 2005 09:00 GMT, "Deag" wrote:

Sorry I should have added UK calls. 18866 charge 0.5p/per minute on their
0800 number whereas 1899 is 0p. That is the differenve betwenn them.

Thanks - ah yes, I can understand the earlier comment much better now :-)
I was thinking of the indirect access charges, using the 1xxx prefixes.
Sorry for any confusion to anyone else! Peter M.

Old July 30th 05, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Deag

"poster" wrote in message
. net...
On 30 Jul 2005 09:00 GMT, "Deag" wrote:

Sorry I should have added UK calls. 18866 charge 0.5p/per minute on their
0800 number whereas 1899 is 0p. That is the differenve betwenn them.

Thanks - ah yes, I can understand the earlier comment much better now :-)
I was thinking of the indirect access charges, using the 1xxx prefixes.
Sorry for any confusion to anyone else! Peter M.

You can not use the 1xxx numbers from Bulldog though, I know as I have
Bulldog.