Fast24 broadband router settings

Old July 30th 05, 01:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
daviddoughty

Default Fast24 broadband router settings

If anyone who's on Fast24 broadband can give me their connectio
settings I'd be very grateful. Fast24 have set up the connection bu
haven't bothered to tell me what the settings are and there is no-on
there answering the phone. If any of you work for Fast24 (if there i
anyone that actually works there) please pass this message on.

Thank

--
daviddoughty
Old August 1st 05, 12:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 12:16:23 +0100, daviddoughty wrote:

If anyone who's on Fast24 broadband can give me their connection
settings I'd be very grateful. Fast24 have set up the connection but
haven't bothered to tell me what the settings are and there is no-one
there answering the phone. If any of you work for Fast24 (if there is
anyone that actually works there) please pass this message on.

Thanks

Sounds like a good ISP......

Dave

Old August 5th 05, 12:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fivebellies

-

If anyone who's on Fast24 broadband can give me their connection
settings I'd be very grateful. Fast24 have set up the connection but
haven't bothered to tell me what the settings are and there is no-one
there answering the phone. If any of you work for Fast24 (if there is
anyone that actually works there) please pass this message on.

Thanks-

Sounds like a good ISP......

Dave

No they're not!

Just been googling them to see who else is having problems, and ende
up here. I can't get rid of them despite a cancellation date of 24t
July, and being told four different dates (in four different calls ove
the space of a week) that the cease order was placed (they don't issu
MAC numbers). I've found a couple of others in the same boat. Eve
since they took over Centre Point BB (end of May) they've sunk lowe
and lower - my line died completely for four days over a weekend jus
after the takeover and there's no-one in the office from 5pm Friday ti
9am Monday and they don't answer emails. I'm ringing the sales line t
get answers because no-one answers the tech line.

I was recommended to them by a mate who badgered them relentlessly (h
has no job, so has the time!) to fix his connection as his dropped dea
the same time as mine. When mine finally ended, it was still incredibl
flaky with random dropped connections and seemingly endless packe
loss

--
fivebellies
Old August 5th 05, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PGray

daviddoughty Wrote:
If anyone who's on Fast24 broadband can give me their connectio
settings I'd be very grateful. Fast24 have set up the connection bu
haven't bothered to tell me what the settings are and there is no-on
there answering the phone. If any of you work for Fast24 (if there i
anyone that actually works there) please pass this message on.

Thanks

You could try the usual UK PPPoA settings -

Set modem in Routing mode
PPPoA
VPI/VCI - 0/38
VC based or VCMUX