Phone number to get better broadband deal?

Old July 30th 05, 04:13 PM posted to ntl.discussion.broadband.cm,uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Confused (John)

Default Phone number to get better broadband deal?

What is the best phone number to call NTL on in order to discuss a
better deal than I am currently getting with them?

I've been with NTL for about 20 months and am on a 300K connection
with an effectively unlimited download for 17.95/month.

The 750K package with a limit of 1 GB a month does not feel good
because I guess that at some point NTL are going to enforce the
limit.

New NTL customers are being offered an attractive deal of a year's
broadband at 1 MB for 9.99 with a 30 GB cap. Can I get this?

---------

OTOH ... I still have a BT phone so I could go for ADSL. I see that
Tesco is doing 512 K unlimited download for about 18 a month and a
50% discount for the first 3 months. Guess there are better deal
than this and hopefully with a decent ISP too.

Thanks for any advice.

John
Old July 31st 05, 12:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sparks

---------

OTOH ... I still have a BT phone so I could go for ADSL. I see that
Tesco is doing 512 K unlimited download for about 18 a month and a
50% discount for the first 3 months. Guess there are better deal
than this and hopefully with a decent ISP too.

Thanks for any advice.

John

I am with ukonline, they offer the following (If you are connected to an
exchange they are in)

512k - 9.99
1Mb - 14.99
2Mb - 19.99
8Mb - 29.99

Connection is free until 15-08-05

You need to provide an ADSL device, or buy one from them @ 29.99 for a USB
modem, and 69.99 for a Wireless router.

Their tech support is 24/7 and is provided via an 0845 number, although
there is an alternative geographic number available from
www.saynoto0870.co.uk (although they will greet you as you are an easynet
customer, but it is the same place!)

http://www.ukonline.net/broadband/

The only interest I have in UKOnline is I am a happy customer, although, if
you want to get a free month with them, let me know!

Sparks...

Old July 31st 05, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 30 Jul 2005 16:13, "Mr Confused (John)" wrote:

What is the best phone number to call NTL on in order to discuss a

sorry, no NTL service in this area, but hope you can get those queries
answered....

I see that Tesco is doing 512 K unlimited download for about 18 a
month and a 50% discount for the first 3 months. Guess there are
better deals than this and hopefully with a decent ISP too.

Depends what you want to do, and how much you expect to download/upload
but I'm using Plus.Net's 14.99/month Broadband Plus account which also
has no specific monthly quota (28 GB of traffic so far this month) but
is not ideal for heavy downloaders, of binary newsgroups, or users of
the file-sharing applications (like BitTorrent). (I don't use any peer
to peer applications, but do use streaming audio/video services and do
use newsgroups, albeit rather 'sluggish' compared with many accounts)

Of course, Tesco.Net is managed for Tesco by your existing ISP, NTL...

A search http://groups.google.com/ of this group might tell you enough
to choose not to use them and you may find www.ADSLguide.org worth using
to get a much wider list of possible ISPs, compare a few on the ratings
given by existing customers, and see the "discussions" (aka arguments!)
going on in the Message Board area. (NB since Tesco is a 'reseller' of
another service, it is discussed under 'unlisted providers' whereas most
ISPs get their own section further down). Hope that helps. Peter M.

Old August 1st 05, 02:40 PM posted to ntl.discussion.broadband.cm,uk.telecom.broadband
Mister C

On Sat 30 Jul 2005 16:50:21, NickH wrote:

Try Customer Relations, 0800 052 0243, normal working hours
only.

Your package is now obsolete although you do not have to change,
as is the other one you mention. The current ones a
1Mb/s, 3Gb/month cap 17.99/month, but under offer of
9.99/month for a year
2Mb/s, 30Gb/month cap, 24.99/month
3Mb/s, 30Gb/month cap, 37.99/month

As an existing BB user, I phoned customer relations, and before
I even mentioned the possibility of going to ADSL she said she
would put me on the 9.99 offer rate even though it was only
meant for new users.

Where can I see a list of current offers deals on Broadband?

Does one of the specilaist UK broadband websites have a listing?
Old August 1st 05, 03:52 PM posted to ntl.discussion.broadband.cm,uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Confused (John)

On Sat 30 Jul 2005 16:50:21, NickH wrote:

Try Customer Relations, 0800 052 0243, normal working hours only.

Is there any other way apart from calling Customer Relations on 0800
052 0243 to discuss cancelling my NTL broadband subscription?

It seems this number is not open for very many hours (9 to 5 Mon to
Fri) and often has calls queued.
Old August 1st 05, 04:29 PM posted to ntl.discussion.broadband.cm,uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Donaldson

regarding Phone number to get better broadband deal?:

On Sat 30 Jul 2005 16:50:21, NickH wrote:

Try Customer Relations, 0800 052 0243, normal working hours
only.

Your package is now obsolete although you do not have to change,
as is the other one you mention. The current ones a
1Mb/s, 3Gb/month cap ?17.99/month, but under offer of
?9.99/month for a year
2Mb/s, 30Gb/month cap, ?24.99/month
3Mb/s, 30Gb/month cap, ?37.99/month

As an existing BB user, I phoned customer relations, and before
I even mentioned the possibility of going to ADSL she said she
would put me on the ?9.99 offer rate even though it was only
meant for new users.

Where can I see a list of current offers deals on Broadband?

Does one of the specilaist UK broadband websites have a listing?

Www.adslguide.org.uk

Regards Ian Donaldson

Newtownards
Northern Ireland