BT VOYAGER 2100 FAULT / PROBLEM

Old August 1st 05, 09:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default BT VOYAGER 2100 FAULT / PROBLEM

Hi my set up is as follows:-

Win XP sp2 PC connected to Homecall Broadband (512kb), using a BT
Voyager 2100 router with my wireless LAN card to create a wireless
internet connection.

Router is downstairs and my PC is upstairs, due to lack of phoneline
upstairs and no room downstairs this is the easiest way I can get a
broadband connection.

I have had this set up for only about a month and all was fine until
this weekend when the connection dropped, and kept dropping every few
seconds and re-connecting then dropping again. Surely the signal can't
be that weak as it is only a few meters between the two, a straight
line up a flight of stairs......

Also I am having a big problem that when I turn the Router off and then
back on my PC won't recognise ANY available connection and I have to
reset the router and start the setting up process all over again,
anyone knows why this is happening??

One last thing, how can I set up the router's security features, as I
have tried and I can't seem to make them work, also how do i change the
frequency of the router, as I have heard this may make a difference??

Thanks in advance.

Old August 1st 05, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On 1 Aug 2005 01:43:19 -0700, wrote:

I have had this set up for only about a month and all was fine until
this weekend when the connection dropped, and kept dropping every few
seconds and re-connecting then dropping again.

try a differnet channel - maybe a neighbour has installed wireless.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware...oyager2100.asp
may help with the security issues.

Phil

Old August 1st 05, 02:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On 1 Aug 2005 05:53:57 -0700, wrote:

Ok, how do i change the channel? What about my other problem? Is it
something to do with my set-up?

please don't top post.

You looked at
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware...oyager2100.asp ?

scroll down to "Configuring Wireless features of Voyager 2100" in the
middle of the screen shot is a drop down channel box - pick a
different one (1,5,9,13 worth trying as they are clear of each other)

If windows XP doesn't see the router after a reset then disable the
wireless connection in Network connections and re-enable it.
Double-clicking the wireless icon and selecting Advanced allows a
network search.

you didn't say what you were using on the receive end - does it have
its own utility or do you use XP's built-in "wireless zero" stuff

Phil