BT Yahoo Broadband 2Mbps or 1.5Mbps?!?!

Old August 1st 05, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default BT Yahoo Broadband 2Mbps or 1.5Mbps?!?!

Hi,

I currently subscribe to BT Yahoo Broadband 2Mbps. However, the maximum
I can get is around 1.5Mbps. I just wonder if anybody subscribing to
other providers are facing the similar % of loss of speed? To me it is
unacceptable at all for 15% loss. The 15% loss is the calculation of
1.6Mbps/2Mbps.

The error is too big

Please advise?

Old August 1st 05, 04:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Donaldson

Old August 1st 05, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Don Carter

On 1 Aug 2005 07:34:45 -0700, "
wrote:

Hi,

I currently subscribe to BT Yahoo Broadband 2Mbps. However, the maximum
I can get is around 1.5Mbps. I just wonder if anybody subscribing to
other providers are facing the similar % of loss of speed? To me it is
unacceptable at all for 15% loss. The 15% loss is the calculation of
1.6Mbps/2Mbps.

The error is too big

Please advise?

If you look at BT Yahoo's (and indeed any BB provider's) website, you
will find that the speed they offer is "up to " 2Mbps. They don't
guarantee that you'll get 2Mbps. I perosnally get about 1.8 from AOL
(real speed) against just over 2 that my router reports.
Old August 1st 05, 05:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On 1 Aug 2005 07:34:45 -0700, "
wrote:

The 15% loss is the calculation of
1.6Mbps/2Mbps.

that would be a 20% loss.

A download of around 230 kbytes/s would be typical of 2M ADSL in my
limited experience. But I don't use BTYahoo.

They advertise the speed as "up to 2Mbps"

Phil