Has Tiscali lowered their caps?

Old August 1st 05, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default Has Tiscali lowered their caps?

I seem to remember Tiscali having a package with 1mb download speed and a
30GB monthly cap, but I now can't see it in their options? Has Tiscali
lowered the cap by half on this package?

I was gonna move to the 1mb service, but I am now worried about going over
it, if I take on this package. We are a internetting family, with all the
kids online here as well as me, and I think I might be pushing my luck with
that package as the boys download film clips and do fair bit of peer to
peer, and also VoIP. Anyone know if they have 30GB package??????
Otherwise, it looks like I`ll have to move to AOL! As it appears that their
monthly package is unlimited.

Can anyone on the Tiscali 1mb service tell me what their cap is at please?

John

Old August 1st 05, 09:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Smith \(UK\)

"John" wrote in message
I seem to remember Tiscali having a package with 1mb download speed and a
30GB monthly cap, but I now can't see it in their options? Has Tiscali
lowered the cap by half on this package?

I was gonna move to the 1mb service, but I am now worried about going over
it, if I take on this package. We are a internetting family, with all the
kids online here as well as me, and I think I might be pushing my luck
with that package as the boys download film clips and do fair bit of peer
to peer, and also VoIP. Anyone know if they have 30GB package??????
Otherwise, it looks like I`ll have to move to AOL! As it appears that
their monthly package is unlimited.

Can anyone on the Tiscali 1mb service tell me what their cap is at please?

John

The last time I looked, the 512 package was 30GB, the 1MB was 2GB and the
2MB was capped at 15GB.

Just looked, and the 1MB/2GB package has been upped to 2MB/2GB...

Bob

Old August 1st 05, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John DH

I can't comment on the 1 meg service. But I can tell you that my 2 meg 15
gig per month is crap. Speeds can be as low as 400k. I cant wait for my 12
month contract to expire (or Tiscali to go bust or both). I have tried peer
to peer, waste of time. There is no chance of getting to the 15gig limit, I
would probably die of old age first! Fortunately I have not used Tiscali
customer support which from reading the experiences of others, is in the
gutter with the rest of their services.

All my own fault for not checking out the reviews or this group first and
being a tight arse.

I know this is half of an answer, but hopefully some one will recommend a
suitable provider for you.

Cheers

John D

Old August 1st 05, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

"John DH" wrote in message
I can't comment on the 1 meg service. But I can tell you that my 2 meg 15
gig per month is crap. Speeds can be as low as 400k. I cant wait for my 12
month contract to expire (or Tiscali to go bust or both). I have tried
peer
to peer, waste of time. There is no chance of getting to the 15gig limit,
would probably die of old age first! Fortunately I have not used Tiscali
customer support which from reading the experiences of others, is in the
gutter with the rest of their services.

All my own fault for not checking out the reviews or this group first and
being a tight arse.

I know this is half of an answer, but hopefully some one will recommend a
suitable provider for you.

Cheers

John D

Arh, I like people who speak their mind ! Excellent post... And plenty of
truth in there as well....

One day Tiscali may become a viable contender in the broadband marketplace
again!

But for the time being, everyone who supported them when they lauched
broadband services are still waiting for the 1Mbit upgrade that was promised
(by email and letter) seven or more months ago.

I do wish that when they actually say they are going to give you something,
that they would actually deliver it! I hate companies that say one thing
and then do the opposite!