Onetel ADSL settings query

Old August 1st 05, 02:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PGray

Default Onetel ADSL settings query

Hello, I have recently subscribed to Onetel broadband package and hav
got it working using their USB modem. I have now bought a Zyxel 660R s
that I can let a couple of computers to use the line - but first off
would like to get one connected ?!
The WAN settings I have used are
- PPPoA
- Routing (as opposed to bridge mode)
- VC
- 0 and 38 for VPI and VCI
- Obtain IP address automatically.

The LAN settings are set to Serve DHCP on 172.168.1.200 to 232

After all these settings are saved I can ping externally 4.2.2.2 fro
the Diagnostics screen on the modem.
I have attached the RJ45 between the modem and the pc and set the pc u
to Obtain IP address automatically (it does get set to 172.168.1.200 i
I do an ipconfig)

I was thinking that was all there is to it but unfortunately can't ge
on the internet and can't ping externally from the pc.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

--
PGray
Old August 1st 05, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"PGray" wrote in message

Hello, I have recently subscribed to Onetel broadband package and have
got it working using their USB modem. I have now bought a Zyxel 660R so
that I can let a couple of computers to use the line - but first off I
would like to get one connected ?!
The WAN settings I have used are
- PPPoA
- Routing (as opposed to bridge mode)
- VC
- 0 and 38 for VPI and VCI
- Obtain IP address automatically.

The LAN settings are set to Serve DHCP on 172.168.1.200 to 232

After all these settings are saved I can ping externally 4.2.2.2 from
the Diagnostics screen on the modem.
I have attached the RJ45 between the modem and the pc and set the pc up
to Obtain IP address automatically (it does get set to 172.168.1.200 if
I do an ipconfig)

I was thinking that was all there is to it but unfortunately can't get
on the internet and can't ping externally from the pc.

Any ideas anyone?

do ipconfig /all - check for dns info. Router should be passing both primary
& secondary dns IP's to the pc from Onetel, if not, no internet, try pinging
217.12.3.11, does that work?

P.