BT$ cuts rip off SDSL charges a little

Old August 1st 05, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Default BT$ cuts rip off SDSL charges a little

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/08/01/bt_sdsl/

BT$ cuts rip off SDSL charges a little

It will only cost you rip off britain 999 pounds for a line and
315 quid for connection (wholesale prices).

Wahaaaaa!

The stuuoopppid fscks!

I can put a pair of DSL lines with modems in each direction
and get 2 up to 8mbit SDSL with LLU.
Cost about 30 quid or less a month with LLU.
In reality, SDSL modems are cheaper than DSL!!

So what the fsck is BT$ doing charging 999 + 315 pounds?

Bring on LLU and we shall see!

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Old August 5th 05, 04:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 14:39:40 +0100, "¬Stephen Hammond"
wrote:

What is SDSL ?

Symmetrical DSL - 1024 up/1024 down with no voice on the line. In
speeds from 256 to 2M, distance dependent.

Usually low contention like 5:1 or 10:1 and with SLAs, hence
expensive, it includes the line rental.

Phil

Old August 5th 05, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

wrote:

BT$ cuts rip off SDSL charges a little

It will only cost you rip off britain 999 pounds for a line and
315 quid for connection (wholesale prices).

Wahaaaaa!

The stuuoopppid fscks!

I can put a pair of DSL lines with modems in each direction
and get 2 up to 8mbit SDSL with LLU.
Cost about 30 quid or less a month with LLU.
In reality, SDSL modems are cheaper than DSL!!

So what the fsck is BT$ doing charging 999 + 315 pounds?

Bring on LLU and we shall see!

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

What is SDSL ?

ADSL without the A. :-)

Seriously, that is the only difference in the full names. ADSL is
"Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line" while SDSL is "Synchronous
Digital Subscriber Line".

What it *means* is that with SDSL you get the same upstream speed as
downstream.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Everyone hates me because I'm paranoid

Old August 5th 05, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 05 Aug 2005 15:44, Alex Heney wrote:

"Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line" while SDSL is "Synchronous
Digital Subscriber Line".

Sorry Alex... Asymmetric...

with SDSL you get the same upstream speed as downstream.

which is where the symmetrical nature becomes clear in the term SDSL...

For the earlier enquiror, it might well be worth checking the Wikipedia
site for ADSL, SDSL, etc... See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADSL

Old August 5th 05, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 14:44:58 UTC, Alex Heney wrote:

What is SDSL ?

ADSL without the A. :-)

Seriously, that is the only difference in the full names. ADSL is
"Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line" while SDSL is "Synchronous
Digital Subscriber Line".

NOOOOOO!

Phil got it *nearly* right.

ADSL = Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (I don't think 'asymmetrical'
is a proper word)

SDSL = Symmetric Digital Subscriber Line

Asymmetric means it isn't the same speed in both directions. Symmetric
means that it is. Phil's other observations are useful, because they
explain why it costs more...

What it *means* is that with SDSL you get the same upstream speed as
downstream.

i.e. symmetric...!

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old August 5th 05, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On 5 Aug 2005 15:17:41 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

(I don't think 'asymmetrical'
is a proper word)

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=asymmetrical

sems to be interchangeable with asymmetric, but I don't have a proper
English dictionary to hand.

Phil

Old August 5th 05, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 16:17:09 +0100, poster
wrote:

On 05 Aug 2005 15:44, Alex Heney wrote:

"Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line" while SDSL is "Synchronous
Digital Subscriber Line".

Sorry Alex... Asymmetric...

Duh!

I knew what I meant, I jut used the wrong word :-(

Old August 6th 05, 02:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Bob Eager wrote:

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 14:44:58 UTC, Alex Heney wrote:

What is SDSL ?

ADSL without the A. :-)

Seriously, that is the only difference in the full names. ADSL is
"Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line" while SDSL is "Synchronous
Digital Subscriber Line".

NOOOOOO!

Phil got it *nearly* right.

ADSL = Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (I don't think 'asymmetrical'
is a proper word)

SDSL = Symmetric Digital Subscriber Line

Asymmetric means it isn't the same speed in both directions. Symmetric
means that it is. Phil's other observations are useful, because they
explain why it costs more...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

You are a complete BT$ uneducated zombie **** that come
crying whenever the **** is kicked out of BT!!!

SDSL is cheaper to make put in and maintain than ADSL.
In America, they are already rolling out 100mbit SDSL.
ADSL is just a failed business model dreamt up in the
days of an imagined bandwidth scarecity. Now 95% of fibers are unlit
and mega cheap compared to copper.
In a few years, nobody will know what ADSL even means.

What it *means* is that with SDSL you get the same upstream speed as
downstream.

i.e. symmetric...!

Which is what all electronic modems are by default.
You have to put in extra hardware and software
to make it asymetric, which is why ADSL modems are more
expensive than SDSL modems.

Bring on LLU and we shall see!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Old August 6th 05, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 12:15:58 UTC, 7
wrote:

He's off again. See below.

In America, they are already rolling out 100mbit SDSL.

But we wouldn't want something that slow. That's only a few bytes per
minute.

euthanasia recommended. ]