Virgin Net

Old August 2nd 05, 09:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian

Default Virgin Net

Are there any good reasons to avoid Virgin Net as a broadband ISP?
Thy appear to offer a good deal with no long term contract and I'm not to
worried about a sensible cap as I've no interest in downloading videos or
music.

My dial-up is with Tiscali, but after having read all the recent reports,
clearly they're not for me.

Brian E.

Old August 2nd 05, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek

"Brian" bj[hyphen]edwards[at]tiscali[dot]co[dot]uk wrote in message

My dial-up is with Tiscali, but after having read all the recent reports,
clearly they're not for me.

Clearly, not for anybody with a brain or an interest in downloading anything
above email !!!!!!!

Old August 2nd 05, 12:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 09:54:54 +0100, "Brian"
bj[hyphen]edwards[at]tiscali[dot]co[dot]uk wrote:

Are there any good reasons to avoid Virgin Net as a broadband ISP?

a) they use Datastream connections with a history of modest
performance
b) the service is provided with NTL whose customer service record is
err, interesting.

Thy appear to offer a good deal with no long term contract

c) they may charge you if you leave within 12 months, though that's
quite common

Compare with Plusnet or F2S.

Phil

Old August 2nd 05, 12:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gary

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 09:54:54 +0100, "Brian"
bj[hyphen]edwards[at]tiscali[dot]co[dot]uk wrote:

Are there any good reasons to avoid Virgin Net as a broadband ISP?
Thy appear to offer a good deal with no long term contract and I'm not to
worried about a sensible cap as I've no interest in downloading videos or
music.

If you dont download much Virgin are great, cheap as chips and free
connection plus free modem. Been with them a year and no problems at
all. Just ?14.99pm now. Grab it quick.

Watch out when registering you tick the free modem box.