BB Advice

Old August 2nd 05, 11:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stri

Default BB Advice

I've heard some rumours about Blueyonder lately, but that's not what I'm
writing about.

Im writing because I'm Blueyonder and I may have to switch to ADSL at
some point in the future. At present who represents the best
costerformance ratio on ADSL broadband?

Uncapped is a given.

Cheers for reading.

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk
Old August 2nd 05, 12:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
sean

www.f2s.com .. great!
Old August 2nd 05, 01:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive

"Stri" wrote in message
I've heard some rumours about Blueyonder lately, but that's not what I'm
writing about.

Im writing because I'm Blueyonder and I may have to switch to ADSL at
some point in the future. At present who represents the best
costerformance ratio on ADSL broadband?

Uncapped is a given.

Cheers for reading.

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk

I moved from Blueyonder - because I was sick of getting disconnected and to
much downtime.

I moved to PlusNet 29.85 per month for 2mb, but I get 4mb when it's
available for no increase in price.

Plusnets News Servers are absolute rubbish. But I've not lost my DSL
connection once.

Clive

Old August 2nd 05, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 2 Aug 2005 13:42, "Clive" wrote:

I moved to PlusNet 29.85 per month for 2mb, but I get 4mb when it's
available for no increase in price.

That seems like a lot of extra cash you pay out when the trials for higher
than 2000 kbps are ongoing, and it looks like 4000 or 8000 might be offered
at the very end of the year. OK, so you do get regraded to the higher speed
at no charge, but others will be able to regrade too, and as the monthly fee
increases, that'll mean they're charged nothing for the speed change. Anyone
joining now might be happy with the cheaper accounts (given there will be a
gap in time before anything faster is available). Peter M.

Old August 2nd 05, 03:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stri

Sean proclaimed...

www.f2s.com .. great!

I remember when I was still on dial up and reading about there pending
broadband. I almost signed up with them back then.

Old August 2nd 05, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stri

Clive proclaimed...

Plusnets News Servers are absolute rubbish. But I've not lost my DSL
connection once.

Clive

Thanks Clive. Where do you live?

The trouble I have is, I have a BY phone number so I can't check who I
can get ADSL wise.

Old August 2nd 05, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
sean

Stri wrote:
Clive proclaimed...

Plusnets News Servers are absolute rubbish. But I've not lost my DSL
connection once.

Clive

Thanks Clive. Where do you live?

The trouble I have is, I have a BY phone number so I can't check who I
can get ADSL wise.

Cant you find the number of someone near by..... on BT?

Or you can use your post code in some
Old August 2nd 05, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 17:06:19 +0100, Sean
wrote:

Cant you find the number of someone near by..... on BT?

Or you can use your post code in some

the address checker is better than the postcode one on
www.bt.com/broadband

or use 192.com to get some example phone numbers

Phil

Old August 2nd 05, 09:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive

"poster" wrote in message
. net...
On 2 Aug 2005 13:42, "Clive" wrote:

I moved to PlusNet 29.85 per month for 2mb, but I get 4mb when it's
available for no increase in price.

That seems like a lot of extra cash you pay out when the trials for higher
than 2000 kbps are ongoing, and it looks like 4000 or 8000 might be
offered
at the very end of the year. OK, so you do get regraded to the higher
speed
at no charge, but others will be able to regrade too, and as the monthly
fee
increases, that'll mean they're charged nothing for the speed change.
Anyone
joining now might be happy with the cheaper accounts (given there will be
gap in time before anything faster is available). Peter M.

With Blueyonder I paid 38 pm for 2mb. OK, I could have gone for the 2mb and
changed later, but it's still 8 pm cheaper AND I haven't lost a connection
once

Clive

Old August 2nd 05, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive

"Stri" wrote in message
Clive proclaimed...

Plusnets News Servers are absolute rubbish. But I've not lost my DSL
connection once.

Clive

Thanks Clive. Where do you live?

The trouble I have is, I have a BY phone number so I can't check who I
can get ADSL wise.

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk

I live in Cumbernauld G67 post code. Due to be upgraded to 4mb by the end of
August (if BT keep their promises)

Clive