DrayTek VoIP router

Old August 3rd 05, 07:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default DrayTek VoIP router

i'm looking for a new router recently.And i saw an AD of DrayTek VoIP
router in the PC magzine.but actually i really konow nothing about
routers.has anyone heard about or has used this router before?could
anybody please give me some advice??and if anybody's used this router
before,please share ur information with me THX so much!!

Old August 3rd 05, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Griffin

I am using the 2600vg and it is an excellent bit of kit, the call clarity is
excellent also.

oups.com...

Old August 4th 05, 01:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Had 2600We and now 2600VGi, both excellent and utterly reliable.
However there are couple of things to note:
The 2600V or VG has two VoIP ports, but until few days ago they both had to
use same VoIP registrar (provider). Now you can get download new firmware
version which fixes that, hurray !
Also there is no provision to route calls via the std. POTS landline (but
there is on 2500V).
Finally a replacement 2800 version is not far off, but that could still mean
many moons.

Alternatively there is Zyxel 2602HWL, WiFi, 2 VoIP ports, 2 registrars and
landline access.
Installed one for family member as they wanted just one phone to do it all.
Works great, but it has been just 2 months since it came out.
Broadbandbuyer.co.uk has dropped the price back to ~£155, so it's well
considering instead of a Draytek.

On the other hand you can find Drayteks on Ebay for ~£120, which is how I
got mine ;-)
Regards,
Martin

Old August 5th 05, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Martin²" wrote in message
[...]

Hey Martin, where did you get your new firmware ? Draytek's site says
version 2.5.5.3 released in 14.01.2005 ??? or is this the 'new' firmware ?

Dave....

Old August 6th 05, 01:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Dave:
Hey Martin, where did you get your new firmware ?

Suggest you read the forum:
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewt...a62a00eaf994ca

You can download the v2.5.6rc5 version he
http://www.support.draytek.co.uk/dow..._256rc5_uk.zip

I think it's still a beta, haven't installed it yet, got to fix the leaking
roof first...
Regards,
Martin