Wanadoo livebox

Old August 4th 05, 09:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Default Wanadoo livebox

I had the misfortune to try to help someone set one of these up last
night - anyone else think they`re a nightmare ?

Their unit simply refused to communicate even when hard-wired, the
wireless was a complete non-starter.

Wanadoo tried to claim the unit was broken by the user, but I can`t see
it personally - and if the hardware they`re sending out really can be
buggered up by plugging the phone line into the "wrong" one of two phone
line connectors (which i`m not sure she did)...
Old August 14th 05, 12:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I had the misfortune to try to help someone set one of these up last
night - anyone else think they`re a nightmare ?
Their unit simply refused to communicate even when hard-wired, the
wireless was a complete non-starter.
Wanadoo tried to claim the unit was broken by the user, but I can`t see
it personally - and if the hardware they`re sending out really can be
buggered up by plugging the phone line into the "wrong" one of two phone
line connectors (which i`m not sure she did)...

Anyone had to set one of these buggers up ?
Old August 14th 05, 08:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jan

Colin Wilson wrote:
I had the misfortune to try to help someone set one of these up last
night - anyone else think they`re a nightmare ?
Their unit simply refused to communicate even when hard-wired, the
wireless was a complete non-starter.
Wanadoo tried to claim the unit was broken by the user, but I can`t
see it personally - and if the hardware they`re sending out really
can be buggered up by plugging the phone line into the "wrong" one
of two phone line connectors (which i`m not sure she did)...

Anyone had to set one of these buggers up ?

Yes. See my post from 09/08

Have now set the telephone up as well.

Jan

Old August 14th 05, 12:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Their unit simply refused to communicate even when hard-wired, the
wireless was a complete non-starter.
Wanadoo tried to claim the unit was broken by the user, but I can`t
see it personally - and if the hardware they`re sending out really
can be buggered up by plugging the phone line into the "wrong" one
of two phone line connectors (which i`m not sure she did)...

Anyone had to set one of these buggers up ?

Yes. See my post from 09/08

The one I saw wouldn`t even communicate with the router itself though -
it wasn`t doing what it said it would on a power cycle per the manual,
and wannadie tried to say their customer broke it.
Old August 14th 05, 12:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jan

Colin Wilson wrote:
Their unit simply refused to communicate even when hard-wired, the
wireless was a complete non-starter.
Wanadoo tried to claim the unit was broken by the user, but I can`t
see it personally - and if the hardware they`re sending out really
can be buggered up by plugging the phone line into the "wrong" one
of two phone line connectors (which i`m not sure she did)...
Anyone had to set one of these buggers up ?

Yes. See my post from 09/08

The one I saw wouldn`t even communicate with the router itself though
- it wasn`t doing what it said it would on a power cycle per the
manual, and wannadie tried to say their customer broke it.

You've lost me!!!!
It was quite an achievement for me to set it all up with only 3 phone calls
to Wanadoo!!
Its still not as I want it, but I can live with it for the next couple of
months.|-When my brothers techie mate will hopefully sort it all out.

Jan