Wanadoo Livebox

Old August 4th 05, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul H

Default Wanadoo Livebox

A friend has just moved and got this broadband service. She wants to
connect three PCs to the line. Suggestions as to how?
Can I connect a wireless router to the Ethernet connection on the box?

Old August 4th 05, 12:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:50:24 +0100, "Paul H"
wrote:

A friend has just moved and got this broadband service. She wants to
connect three PCs to the line. Suggestions as to how?
Can I connect a wireless router to the Ethernet connection on the box?

I thought the whole point of the Livebox was that it is wireless.
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/id/7115.htm

so she needs either wireless client kit or wired ethernet connections.
Why not ask the ISP, its what they are paid for.

Phil

Old August 4th 05, 11:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul H

she has that. However it works with one wired PC and one wireless. She has
three PCs (four kids!) So my question is does anyone know how to add another
PC into the equation.
She currently has it working with two PCs, one wired, one wireless.

Old August 5th 05, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 4 Aug 2005 22:40, "Paul H" wrote:

does anyone know how to add another PC into the equation.

Get a 4 or more port ethernet hub or switch (probably under 20 quid, whether
bought mail order or in some PC shop) and use it to increase how many wired
connections can be used at once... or buy another similar Wi-Fi adaptor (it
helps with suggestions if more info is known, such as what version of Windows
is on each PC, whether they have network facilities built in, and so on, when
asking questions like this, else things could be incompatible). Peter M.