Time for a change.... Any ideas?

Old August 4th 05, 02:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
`..`. \(\(\(\(

Default Time for a change.... Any ideas?

Hi there,

My current 12 months is up end of this month.

I was wondering what ISP is the best to go for?

Must have the following requirements:

1) At least 512 connection.
2) Accept payment by Visa Electron or Direct Debit.
3) MOST IMPORTANT - NO DOWNLOAD LIMITS.

Thanks in advance.

Old August 4th 05, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dicki Dido

Hi,have been with Plusnet for eighteen months price has gone down -always
one of the cheapest,and there is no limit to downloads.I used to be with
Freeserve but left owing to poor service.Plusnet have excellent customer
relations,having rung them twice and the call was answered within a couple
of minutes,and problem was sorted virtually straight away.No problems with
disconnections and dropping lines,very reliable and extremely helpful.I
pay every month by direct debit,at the moment on 512 connection and expect
to be upgraded to 2mb within the next few weeks,which costs me 21.99

The Which report stated the following and I quote"The Plusnet package is a
BestBuy with a good download speed which have been really consistent over
the last quarter.Plusnet stood out in our satisfaction survey, performing
well in almost all areas, from ease of use to connection speed and customer
and technical support.""Plusnet also won best consumer ISP in 2004

If you choose to sign up with Plusnet,please use my ID- beechville96 as a
referrer and save me a few pence

Thanks, Keith

Old August 5th 05, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 4 Aug 2005 18:00, "Dicki Dido" [email protected] wrote:

Hi, have been with Plusnet for eighteen months price has gone down - always
one of the cheapest, and there is no limit to downloads. I used to be with
Freeserve but left owing to poor service.

There's no written limit, but like most ISPs, including even Metronet, which
has no fixed limit, there's a level where they may close your account on the
basis of some 'fair usage' principles, which mean running full speed, 24x7,
will not be "acceptable use". Whenever I see someone write that they don't
want any limits, I wonder if they're the 300++ GB a month, wanting it for
peanuts on a 20 quid a month account... Certainly I am happy for such
users to be buzz off to some other ISP and slow them down !! Peter.