PLUS NET SITES DOWN THIS MORNING

Old August 5th 05, 11:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

Default PLUS NET SITES DOWN THIS MORNING

Anyone else havng grief; other websites fine but can't access +net web
mail or normal portal, and my b/band provider is + Net

Old August 5th 05, 11:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
aa

In oups.com,
Gel wrote:

Anyone else havng grief; other websites fine but can't access +net web
mail or normal portal, and my b/band provider is + Net

No problem accessing their portal via Blueyonder.

Here's a message from their Status Page timed at 10:10 today..

quote
DNS Problems - UPDATE
Following the earlier announcement, we have isolated the cause of the DNS
problems affecting two of our core domains. We are currently working towards
a permanent fix.

A temporary fix has been put in place that will alleviate the majority of
the issues caused as a result of this problem.

Customers with newly created accounts, and new customer signups may
experience issues affecting email and browsing until the problem is fully
resolved.

Customers using Windows machines may still be seeing the symptoms of this
problem due to cached information on their system. To resolve this, we
advise anyone experiencing problems to flush their DNS resolver cache and
reboot their machines and equipment.

The following can be run from a command line interface (In Windows 2K/XP,
click Start Run, Type 'cmd' and click OK) to achieve this:-

ipconfig /flushdns

We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused, and will provide
further details as they are made available.

Kind Regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Suport
end quote
--
aa

Old August 5th 05, 11:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On 5 Aug 2005 03:15:43 -0700, "Gel"
wrote:

Anyone else havng grief; other websites fine but can't access +net web
mail or normal portal, and my b/band provider is + Net

I was unable to see the mail or NNTP servers earlier, but they are
back now.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Everyone hates me because I'm paranoid