Problem with AOL / BT

Old August 5th 05, 03:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
sw1

Default Problem with AOL / BT

I cancelled my account with AOL (Broadband 2MB) on 5 July
Unfortunately, I still can't subscribe to another provider since i
still shows a marker on my line.

BT say they have received nothing from AOL, AOL say they have sent th
cancellation instuction through 3 times. My phone rental if it make
any difference incidently is through Homecall.

I am at my wits end trying to get this sorted since both companie
blame the other and I don't know whose fault it actually is.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and more usefully can anyon
suggest how I can get it sorted out!

Thank

--
sw1
Old August 5th 05, 09:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 15:32:28 +0100, sw1
wrote:

Has anyone else experienced this problem and more usefully can anyone
suggest how I can get it sorted out!

does the AOL ADSL still work ?

what does the last paragraph of the result for the line say at
www.bt.com/broadband
is it "If you have an existing Broadband ADSL service and wish to
change service providers then please contact both your new and
existing service provider to have this service transferred."

why did you cancel rather than migrate away using the MAC process ?

Phil