Migrating from Pipex to Plusenet

Old August 6th 05, 09:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BDA

Default Migrating from Pipex to Plusenet

I noticed a lot of users were satisfied with plusnet.
So I am thinking about moving to them as well.

I was looking at the Broadband Premier option. Is this 21.99 for unlimited
downloads @ 2 megs?

However I can't see anything that says unlimited.

I'm with pipex at the moment. They upgraded me to 1mb for free. Im paying
23 for 1mb.

Is there anything I need from pipex to migrate over or will they do that for
me?

How long will it take?

And is there a referal service that has mutual benefaction?

Cheers.

Old August 6th 05, 10:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 6 Aug 2005 08:08, "BDA" wrote:

I noticed a lot of users were satisfied with plusnet.

indeed.

However I can't see anything that says unlimited.

It isn't. If you want to run your connection heavily all the time, you will
fall foul of Plus.Net's 'fair usage' policy. Given a connection is nominally
50:1, if you use it in a manner similar to 5:1 or more heavily, then they may
feel you are a mickey-taker and assist you in migrating to some other ISP.

Is there anything I need from pipex to migrate over
How long will it take?

You need a MAC (Migration Authentication Code, AFAIK) which will be valid for
30 days from issue. After that, you need to place an order to switch with PN

And is there a referal service that has mutual benefaction?

Anyone who mentions your username, or if they click a link which includes your
coded reference will help reduce your costs in future months, so long as you
are both customers. However, there's no 10 quid lump sum for new users and
existing customers, or similar, the way some schemes work, so it doesn't
provide 'mutual benefit' to both parties. It can provide from 50p upwards,
depending on the type of account, per additional customer, so with a few new
business accounts you could have half your monthly fees paid. However you're
perhaps more likely to get friends or relatives on with PN and be saving 50p
per account. It can soon mount up, however. Peter M.

Old August 6th 05, 10:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SparkysDream

"BDA" ....

I was looking at the Broadband Premier option. Is this 21.99 for
unlimited downloads @ 2 megs?

It's not unlimited - there aren't many that are thesedays - but more of a
"fair use" policy. Basically, as long as you don't download 24/7, you'll be
ok.

I'm with pipex at the moment. They upgraded me to 1mb for free. Im paying
23 for 1mb.

As pipex have upgraded you, you are now on a 2MB connection (throttled by
pipex back to 1MB). This means you can migrate at 2MB and will not have to
pay the 14.99 regrade fee. When it comes to signing up, you're ok
IPStreamHome2000.

Is there anything I need from pipex to migrate over or will they do that
for me?

You'll need to ring up pipex customer services for a MAC (migration) code.

How long will it take?

72 hours to receive the code by email. Then apply to plusnet, which will
take around a week. You shouldn't have any disruption to your service.

And is there a referal service that has mutual benefaction?

There is, but it isn't mutual. Basically the referrer gets 50p off their
subscription. (cheeky bit) Feel free to enter my referral ID if you feel
that I have helped you (sparkysdream).

Old August 6th 05, 11:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 09:00:13 +0100, poster
wrote:

Anyone who mentions your username, or if they click a link which includes your
coded reference will help reduce your costs in future months, so long as you
are both customers.

do *all* accounts give the referral code person a benefit, when I
looked a long while back the cheapest ADSL accounts at the time gave
no benefit to either party.

Phil

Old August 6th 05, 11:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SparkysDream

"Phil Thompson" ...

do *all* accounts give the referral code person a benefit, when I
looked a long while back the cheapest ADSL accounts at the time gave
no benefit to either party.

Not sure, but their BB+ account does, and that's only 14.99.

Old August 6th 05, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dicki Dido

Hi BDA ,I have been with Plusnet for eighteen months price has gone
down -always one of the cheapest,and there is no limit to downloads.I used
to be with Freeserve but left owing to poor service.Plusnet have excellent
customer relations,having rung them twice and the call was answered within a
couple of minutes,and problem was sorted virtually straight away.No
problems with disconnections and dropping lines,very reliable and
extremely helpful.I pay every month by direct debit,at the moment on 512
connection and expect to be upgraded to 2mb within the next few
weeks,which costs me 21.99,with no download limits.I myself downloaded
about 20gb last month with no charge.Get the MAC code from Pipex,then give
Plusnet a ring.If you then refer anyone once set up you can benefit by as
much as 50p per referrral

The Which report stated the following and I quote"The Plusnet package is a
BestBuy with a good download speed which have been really consistent over
the last quarter.Plusnet stood out in our satisfaction survey, performing
well in almost all areas, from ease of use to connection speed and customer
and technical support.""Plusnet also won best consumer ISP in 2004

If you choose to sign up with Plusnet,please use my ID- beechville96 as a
referrer and save me a few pence

Old August 6th 05, 03:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 06 Aug 2005 10:06, Phil Thompson wrote:

do *all* accounts give the referral code person a benefit

No. I have three referrals which provide no benefit at all. One is a free
(PAYG 0845) account for business use, and there's a business ADSL 'Net Start'
account (which is a couple of pounds less than the basic business 'uncapped'
account available nowadays).

They are registered, however, so that if they change to some other a/c one
gets any benefit. Conversely, if someone downgraded, the amount is reduced
(perhaps to nil). That was what happened a year or two back, when charges
went down generally. However, the changes made in April to provide ADSL at
'up to 2000 kbps' has somewhat reduced the variety of accounts, and all of
those are now at 50p instead of some lower speed accounts being worth only
25p. There's a fairly complete table of figures on the website, at
http://www.plus.net/support/general/myreferrals_discount_info.shtml

Old August 6th 05, 04:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ComPCs

In article ,
says...

[...]

I noticed a lot of users were satisfied with plusnet

deliberate typo?