BT Broadband/computer settings

Old August 6th 05, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RogerRamjet

Default BT Broadband/computer settings

ok I will try to explain this the best way I can....

I used to be able to click on iexplorer and it would automatically connect
to the internet and show my home page, no problem.
Now I have to click on the dial up networking icon before I open up
iexplorer, otherwise if I do it as mentioned above it comes up with the
screen "This page cannot be displayed". If I then refresh this it will then
show my homepage.

I hope that makes sense? Is this a setting on the computer? It used to
work ok before so I don't know why it has changed?

Any ideas?

Russ

Old August 6th 05, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PCMad

"RogerRamjet" wrote in message
ok I will try to explain this the best way I can....

I used to be able to click on iexplorer and it would automatically connect
to the internet and show my home page, no problem.
Now I have to click on the dial up networking icon before I open up
iexplorer, otherwise if I do it as mentioned above it comes up with the
screen "This page cannot be displayed". If I then refresh this it will
then show my homepage.

I hope that makes sense? Is this a setting on the computer? It used
to work ok before so I don't know why it has changed?

Any ideas?

Russ

Go into Internet Explorer, go to the tools menu and options. Under
connections tab have you got selected always dial my default connection and
check what your default connection is and add it in if it does not appear in
the box.

Regards
Karen

--
Remove NOSPAM to reply

Old August 6th 05, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RogerRamjet

yeh, that's ok. It does dial when you click on iexplorer. But it comes
back with "The page cannot be displayed". At that, if I click refresh, it
then shows my homepage.

It seems like a timing issue of some sort.