3com office connect 810

Old August 9th 05, 04:46 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.comm,uk.telecom.broadband
huru-Ukko

Default 3com office connect 810

Hi!

can anybody help? I'm lost my dsl manual and i dond remember lan ip for
admistration... So if somebody have manual or
can help how to configure this dsl, please send email.

Thx!

Ps. I ask manual from 3com but they say that is disconnected product so they
cant help me..

Old August 9th 05, 05:09 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.comm,uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

huru-Ukko wrote:

Hi!

can anybody help? I'm lost my dsl manual and i dond remember lan ip
for admistration... So if somebody have manual or
can help how to configure this dsl, please send email.

Thx!

Ps. I ask manual from 3com but they say that is disconnected product
so they cant help me..

Don't know about this model - but some of their kit uses a default IP
address of 192.168.1.1 and a password of 'admin'. Try that!

Of course, if you've changed it, that won't work. However, there is probably
a means of resetting it to factory defaults - maybe a reset hole at the back
into which you have to push the end of a paperclip for a few seconds while
powered up.

The default settings should then work.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old August 9th 05, 05:39 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.comm,uk.telecom.broadband
Brownie

"Tiscali Tim" wrote in message
huru-Ukko wrote:

Hi!

can anybody help? I'm lost my dsl manual and i dond remember lan ip
for admistration... So if somebody have manual or
can help how to configure this dsl, please send email.

Thx!

Ps. I ask manual from 3com but they say that is disconnected product
so they cant help me..

Don't know about this model - but some of their kit uses a default IP
address of 192.168.1.1 and a password of 'admin'. Try that!

Of course, if you've changed it, that won't work. However, there is
probably
a means of resetting it to factory defaults - maybe a reset hole at the
back
into which you have to push the end of a paperclip for a few seconds while
powered up.

The default settings should then work.

The manual is available on line from the website or I can email you the
files (3com office connect remote 810). However to help me, I'd greatly
appreciate any login passwords you can remember as the default one's don't
seem to work on my 810 despite setting it back to factory. The address in
the paperwork I saw was 192.168.200.254 and also some people suggested
192.168.1.1. However neither of those got me a web browser based login
screen. login was meant to be 'root' and '!root' but these didn't work if I
telnetted to the login screen that way. I gave up in the end.

Old August 9th 05, 07:39 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.comm,uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

huru-Ukko wrote:

[...]

The PC you're using needs to be on the same subnet to be able to talk to the
device. Assuming the 810 can act as a DHCP server, set the TCP/IP properties
on your PC's network card to get it's IP address (and subnet mask)
automatically - rather than defining them manually. See if that helps.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old August 9th 05, 08:59 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.comm,uk.telecom.broadband
Hellraiser

[...]

If I remember rightly, the 810 has a serial port on the back, you can use
Hyperterminal to get into it and set IPs that way. Won't help if you don't
know the password though, no way to clear it other than to send back to 3COM
and pay, considering the low price of routers might be best getting a new
one!

Hellraiser...........

Old August 20th 05, 10:38 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.comm,uk.telecom.broadband
huru-Ukko

Hi!

There wasn't able to get manual via website, 3com customer support sed that
it's disconnected product so
u cant get manual ;-(

Anyway if u have it please send it to me ;-) cos hard reset doesn't help i
have to upgrate box software via telnet..;-(

"Brownie" kirjoitti