Wanadoo Livebox

Old August 9th 05, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jan

Default Wanadoo Livebox

Have set up wanadoo wireless broadband.

I'm trying to get a stronger signal to where I'd ideally use my laptop.

Its at 36 mbps if I have the adapter ( that plugs into the USB port) above
my head and round a door frame!!! otherwise its only at 1 or 2 mbps.

So being a complete novice at this sort of stuff, what I'm wondering is
this.... if I put the Livebox on an extension phone cable ( so the signal
travels one wall less) wlll the signal be better- or doesn't it work like
that.?

Thanks for your help.

Jan

S I'm assuming that if I managed to get the

Old August 9th 05, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 17:33:11 +0100, "Jan"
wrote:

if I put the Livebox on an extension phone cable ( so the signal
travels one wall less) wlll the signal be better- or doesn't it work like
that.?

walls and stuff will attenuate the signal,m tipping aerials and
rotating laptops 45 degrees can all help too

Phil

Old August 9th 05, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jan

Jan wrote:
Have set up wanadoo wireless broadband.

I'm trying to get a stronger signal to where I'd ideally use my
laptop.
Its at 36 mbps if I have the adapter ( that plugs into the USB port) above
my head and round a door frame!!! otherwise its only at 1 or 2
mbps.
So being a complete novice at this sort of stuff, what I'm wondering
is this.... if I put the Livebox on an extension phone cable ( so the
signal travels one wall less) wlll the signal be better- or doesn't
it work like that.?

Thanks for your help.

Jan

S I'm assuming that if I managed to get the

I'll repost this as it appears to have tagged on the end!!

Jan