Roaming

Old September 13th 05, 12:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fred Smith

Default Roaming

Anthony R. Gold wrote:
Is this the appropriate group in which to ask about roaming between Wi-Fi
networks such as BTOpenzone, T-Mobile etc?

I would be tempted to ask here anyway - I use both - what's the question?
Old September 13th 05, 03:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fred Smith

Anthony R. Gold wrote:

Is this the appropriate group in which to ask about roaming between Wi-Fi
networks such as BTOpenzone, T-Mobile etc?

I would be tempted to ask here anyway - I use both - what's the question?

Basically, is there free roaming between the networks at home or abroad?

I can answer that as follows:-

I have BT Openzone and can roam onto T-mobile (e.g. Starbucks) and it
comes out of inclusive minutes. Additional minutes are charged at the
normal BT rate on either network. Don't know about the reverse since
T-mobile didn't have a wireless package to suit me at the time and were
unhelpful subsequently. Very pleased with the service overall - the only
operational problem I do get is that sometimes I remain logged into the
T-mobile network and BT have to clear this session for me manually.

Overseas - I haven't used the service overseas - but T-mobile and BT
Openzone customer service staff have given me conflicting information in
the past few months about availability and rates.