Tiscali 1MB isn't giving good results (600kbps)

Old September 14th 05, 08:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Barry

Default Tiscali 1MB isn't giving good results (600kbps)

I was recently upgraded to Tiscali's 1MB package, but I only get around
600kbps maximum with most speed testers. I got my sister to check here 1MB
package with NTL cable and she is getting aound 1000kbps all the time on
every test. It seems that Tiscali speeds start off very slow when you do a
speed test, and then speed up as you continue to test.

One test I did last night started off around 150kbps and slowly got up to
700kbps (of thereabouts) after aout 25seconds.

I had Tiscali 1MB once before they upgraded the service and it was much
better then than it is now.

So why isn't Tiscali delivering the speeds that most other ISPs are doing?

So OK, they have removed the cap. But all we want now is the speed that we
are supposed to be gettng......
and not 600kbps as this is nearer the 512kbps that they have recently
dumped.

Old September 14th 05, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Laine

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:33:16 +0100, "Barry"
wrote:

I was recently upgraded to Tiscali's 1MB package, but I only get around
600kbps maximum with most speed testers. I got my sister to check here 1MB
package with NTL cable and she is getting aound 1000kbps all the time on
every test. It seems that Tiscali speeds start off very slow when you do a
speed test, and then speed up as you continue to test.

One test I did last night started off around 150kbps and slowly got up to
700kbps (of thereabouts) after aout 25seconds.

I had Tiscali 1MB once before they upgraded the service and it was much
better then than it is now.

So why isn't Tiscali delivering the speeds that most other ISPs are doing?

So OK, they have removed the cap. But all we want now is the speed that we
are supposed to be gettng......
and not 600kbps as this is nearer the 512kbps that they have recently
dumped.

I was upgraded last week but saw no difference, so I emailed them from
their website this morning, received a nice email from them saying I
have been rebuilt and am now testing 1052.5 kbps. Perhaps you should
try the same.
Mike

Old September 14th 05, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Jay

In message , Mike Laine
writes
I was upgraded last week but saw no difference, so I emailed them from
their website this morning, received a nice email from them saying I
have been rebuilt and am now testing 1052.5 kbps.

Six million dollar man?
--
Martin Jay