Cracking noise margin

Old September 14th 05, 11:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Default Cracking noise margin

James wrote in
:

Just got a 2MB regrade yesterday, I was surprised it passed BT due to my
SNR being consistantly over 45db and a very low noise margin when I was
on 1MB. However everything seems to be ok, getting good speeds during
the day, but last night it was very erratic, this morning back to
normal. Maybe contention kicking in, never had a problem before with
512 or 1MB.

That huge figure just means it's gone into negative territory - it's
interpreting the sign bit as a number. God knows how you can get negative
SNR margin though... I used to get that on a DG834G too - SNR margin
varies wildly. SNR margin on my current router (Speedtouch 580) doesn't
vary so much.

--
Phil
http://www.philipchung.co.uk/