Cracking noise margin

Old September 14th 05, 12:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

Default Cracking noise margin

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:21:47 +0100, James wrote:

What's that all about then
Netgear DG834G

the answer is in the question :-)

Just got a 2MB regrade yesterday, I was surprised it passed BT due to my
SNR being consistantly over 45db and a very low noise margin when I was
on 1MB.

and now its negative, but the Netgear web page screws up the display
of a -ve number.

Time for a bit of faceplate filtering or other wiring hygiene I
suspect.

Phil