SNR 18, DB 60

Old September 14th 05, 06:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default SNR 18, DB 60

Are the above figures not good enough for 1mb service?

upstream figures are 20snr and 63db

Old September 14th 05, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

Beck wrote:
Are the above figures not good enough for 1mb service?

upstream figures are 20snr and 63db

If they're accurate you are 3dB outside the limits set by BT for the 1M
service (remembering it's a logarithmic scale so for every 3dB it's
aproximately a halfing or a doubling, in your case it's the formerI'm
afraid )....

Old September 14th 05, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Kraftee" please we're bristish.com wrote
in message ...
Beck wrote:
Are the above figures not good enough for 1mb service?

upstream figures are 20snr and 63db

If they're accurate you are 3dB outside the limits set by BT for the 1M
service (remembering it's a logarithmic scale so for every 3dB it's
aproximately a halfing or a doubling, in your case it's the formerI'm
afraid )....

Thanks, I thought as much. I was hoping with a db of 60 that I might be
able to squeeze in but halfway through writing the original post I noitced
the upstream of 63, so thats probably where I am failing.