BTYahoo relax useage restrictions

Old September 14th 05, 08:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

Default BTYahoo relax useage restrictions

Long time since I posted around these 'ere parts. No-one discussing the
relaxation of BT Yahoo's s capping ?(here
http://www.uk-bug.net/Article965.html)

Basically, BT have increased allowances, and scrapped plans to charge an
extra premium for additional bandwidth for those who've reached their
monthly allowance.

Is the increase (upto 40GB) enough do you think ? Was there any other
option for BT? Is it a tactic to try and sweeten those users who are
tempted to migrate to another (possibly of higher download rate) service ?

--
Andy M Jenkins
http://www.uk-bug.net The UK Broadband Usergroup
Old September 14th 05, 08:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jasper

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:13:14 +0000 (UTC), Andy M Jenkins
wrote:

Long time since I posted around these 'ere parts. No-one discussing the
relaxation of BT Yahoo's s capping ?(here
http://www.uk-bug.net/Article965.html)

Basically, BT have increased allowances, and scrapped plans to charge an
extra premium for additional bandwidth for those who've reached their
monthly allowance.

Is the increase (upto 40GB) enough do you think ? Was there any other
option for BT? Is it a tactic to try and sweeten those users who are
tempted to migrate to another (possibly of higher download rate) service ?

Yes, yes, no, and yes

Jasper
Old September 14th 05, 08:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Andy M Jenkins" wrote in message
Long time since I posted around these 'ere parts. No-one discussing the
relaxation of BT Yahoo's s capping ?(here
http://www.uk-bug.net/Article965.html)

Basically, BT have increased allowances, and scrapped plans to charge an
extra premium for additional bandwidth for those who've reached their
monthly allowance.

Is the increase (upto 40GB) enough do you think ? Was there any other
option for BT? Is it a tactic to try and sweeten those users who are
tempted to migrate to another (possibly of higher download rate) service ?

Good news. Maybe they have looked at competitors with a 30/40gb allowance
and realised their 15gb plan was a wee bit tight.
Now... where is their price cut ;-)

Old September 14th 05, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Andy M Jenkins" wrote in message
Long time since I posted around these 'ere parts. No-one discussing the
relaxation of BT Yahoo's s capping ?(here
http://www.uk-bug.net/Article965.html)

Basically, BT have increased allowances, and scrapped plans to charge an
extra premium for additional bandwidth for those who've reached their
monthly allowance.

Is the increase (upto 40GB) enough do you think ? Was there any other
option for BT? Is it a tactic to try and sweeten those users who are
tempted to migrate to another (possibly of higher download rate) service ?

I wonder what this means for customers on the 26.99 package. Any news on
that?

Old September 14th 05, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ron S

Beck blurted on Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:59:14 +0100:

I wonder what this means for customers on the 26.99 package. Any news on
that?

http://www.btyahoo.com/broadbandusage_holding

Package: Monthly Usage Allowance:
BT Broadband Basic, 17.99 2GB (was 1GB)

BT Broadband, 24.99 20GB (was 15GB)

BT Yahoo! Broadband, 26.99 20GB (was 15GB)

BT Yahoo! Broadband, 29.99 40GB (was 30GB)

--
Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use.
*Wendell Johnson*
Old September 14th 05, 10:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Ron S" wrote in message
.. .
Beck blurted on Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:59:14 +0100:

I wonder what this means for customers on the 26.99 package. Any news
on
that?

http://www.btyahoo.com/broadbandusage_holding

Package: Monthly Usage Allowance:
BT Broadband Basic, 17.99 2GB (was 1GB)

BT Broadband, 24.99 20GB (was 15GB)

BT Yahoo! Broadband, 26.99 20GB (was 15GB)

BT Yahoo! Broadband, 29.99 40GB (was 30GB)

Still tight then :-(

Old September 14th 05, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:59:14 +0100, "Beck"
wrote:

"Andy M Jenkins" wrote in message
Long time since I posted around these 'ere parts. No-one discussing the
relaxation of BT Yahoo's s capping ?(here
http://www.uk-bug.net/Article965.html)

Basically, BT have increased allowances, and scrapped plans to charge an
extra premium for additional bandwidth for those who've reached their
monthly allowance.

Is the increase (upto 40GB) enough do you think ? Was there any other
option for BT? Is it a tactic to try and sweeten those users who are
tempted to migrate to another (possibly of higher download rate) service ?

I wonder what this means for customers on the 26.99 package. Any news on
that?

Since BT charge more than others, in many cases, quite a bit more for
the same speed - they should be uncapped to compete.
Old September 15th 05, 01:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Andy M Jenkins wrote:

Long time since I posted around these 'ere parts. No-one discussing the
relaxation of BT Yahoo's s capping ?(here
http://www.uk-bug.net/Article965.html)

Basically, BT have increased allowances, and scrapped plans to charge an
extra premium for additional bandwidth for those who've reached their
monthly allowance.

Is the increase (upto 40GB) enough do you think ? Was there any other
option for BT? Is it a tactic to try and sweeten those users who are
tempted to migrate to another (possibly of higher download rate) service ?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You would have to be a sick fsck to accept 'capped' services.
Its not internet, and it certainly not used properly!

Tuning into one internet radio station out of the 10,000+ that
broadcast will serious fsck your cap. Streamtuner on many
liveCDs support that for example (http://www.livecdlist.com/ )

Unless of course, you are a complete virgin and don't
know what internet is used for and believe in what
every stuuuooopid fsck says and does unto you, while they
laugh all the way to their banks drawing great circles
in the air, particularly when there is no shortage of bandwidth,
and 95% of the fibers are unlit.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Old September 15th 05, 03:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In .uk,
7 opined very noisily:
Andy M Jenkins wrote:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

what is a virgin ? A Harringey Whore ?
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

Old September 15th 05, 09:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Godfrey

"Yddap" wrote in message
o.uk...
In .uk,
7 opined very noisily:
Andy M Jenkins wrote:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

what is a virgin ? A Harringey Whore ?
--

7 is the internet equivalent of a village idiot. Just nod and smile and
eventually he goes away.

*nods*

*smiles*