Tiscali 1MB is a joke

Old September 15th 05, 09:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default Tiscali 1MB is a joke

OK, so who else is on Tiscali's 1MB, as I am and only getting 600kbps
maximum. Mind you I was doubting that this company would ever come good.
I'm actually no faster than I was on 512k really. This 1MB package is
pathetic.

Old September 15th 05, 09:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fred Smith

Steve wrote:
OK, so who else is on Tiscali's 1MB, as I am and only getting 600kbps
maximum. Mind you I was doubting that this company would ever come good.
I'm actually no faster than I was on 512k really. This 1MB package is
pathetic.

Perhaps the exchange/mode/router is auto-adjusting to what your line
actually supports?

Old September 15th 05, 09:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sass

"Fred Smith" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
OK, so who else is on Tiscali's 1MB, as I am and only getting 600kbps
maximum. Mind you I was doubting that this company would ever come
good.
I'm actually no faster than I was on 512k really. This 1MB package is
pathetic.

Perhaps the exchange/mode/router is auto-adjusting to what your line
actually supports?

Line will support 2MB no problem. I can see the exchange from here... Its
over the road. The fault must be with the ISP, or the settings at the
exchange.

Old September 15th 05, 09:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

"Sass" wrote in message

"Fred Smith" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
OK, so who else is on Tiscali's 1MB, as I am and only getting 600kbps
maximum. Mind you I was doubting that this company would ever come
good.
I'm actually no faster than I was on 512k really. This 1MB package is
pathetic.

Perhaps the exchange/mode/router is auto-adjusting to what your line
actually supports?

Line will support 2MB no problem. I can see the exchange from here...

Its
over the road. The fault must be with the ISP, or the settings at the
exchange.

Heyup Sassy,

What you doing at home at this time?? Day off?

Yes, he's right Fred, the line is able to support 2MB, BT have confirmed
this. There are also other people fed from the same line using 2MB. Whats
even more strange is that I one signed up for the 1MB package on Tiscali and
it was working really well over 1000kbps all the time. Then they changed
their packages and I went down to 512k for a few months, so I know that the
line is good for 1MB no problem at all. I also know that its good for
double that, so its got e be either the ISP or the exchange that is not
doing the job properly.

Old September 15th 05, 11:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:38:04 +0100, "Steve" wrote:

I also know that its good for
double that, so its got e be either the ISP or the exchange that is not
doing the job properly.

inadequate connection size to the exchange for Tiscali customers.
Report it as a fault and hope they upgrade their datastream connection
- but don't hold your breath.

This problem is inherent in the way the supply and manage the service.

Phil

Old September 15th 05, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Win

"Steve" wrote in message

"Sass" wrote in message

"Fred Smith" wrote in message
[...]