Amount of Data down/up loaded

Old September 15th 05, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew

Default Amount of Data down/up loaded

Hi - I am trying to assess how much of my Broadband allowance I use.

Does anyone know of a (pref free) download I can use to assess this?

Regards

Andrew

Old September 15th 05, 07:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:47:55 +0000 (UTC), "Andrew"
wrote:

Does anyone know of a (pref free) download I can use to assess this?

netmeter http://readerror.gmxhome.de/

Phil

Old September 15th 05, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

wrote:

Does anyone know of a (pref free) download I can use to assess this?

netmeter http://readerror.gmxhome.de/

Phil

Does this actually do what he wants?

The screen shots show some graphs which appear to show data *rates* versus
time. But I didn't see anything which indicated cumulative figures.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old September 15th 05, 09:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hugh Jampton

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:51:14 +0100, Tiscali Tim wrote:

netmeter http://readerror.gmxhome.de/

Does this actually do what he wants?

The screen shots show some graphs which appear to show data *rates* versus
time. But I didn't see anything which indicated cumulative figures.

I thought the same but have just downloaded it and it *does* show
cumulative figures day/week/month etc.

I like it - thanks Phil :-)
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old September 15th 05, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

wrote:

Does anyone know of a (pref free) download I can use to assess this?

netmeter http://readerror.gmxhome.de/

Phil

Does this actually do what he wants?

The screen shots show some graphs which appear to show data *rates* versus
time. But I didn't see anything which indicated cumulative figures.

It does - but only for a typical adsl modem, rather than for a
router/network.
Old September 15th 05, 09:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:47:55 +0000 (UTC), [Andrew] said :-

Hi - I am trying to assess how much of my Broadband allowance I use.

Does anyone know of a (pref free) download I can use to assess this?

Regards

Andrew

Please don't use fake.com as a username - unless you have permission
to use it.
Old September 15th 05, 09:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

wrote:

Does this actually do what he wants?

yes, I wasn't just trying to send him on a wild goose chase. Bit of a
FAQ, if you right mouse over the graph there are totals by the day,
week , month and you can run a stopwatch to record data vs time.

Its weakness with a router is that it monitors the TCP/IP traffic out
of the ethernet port, which includes LAN traffic where applicable.
However decent routers clock the volume anyway.

Phil

Old September 16th 05, 01:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
andreww

Thanks for the netmeter info - seems to work pretty well.

My apologies for the @fake.com email address it was something set up for me
a couple of years ago. I will change it.

Regards

Andrew

news