Plusnet?

Old September 15th 05, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default Plusnet?

How do you rate Plusnet as a BB supplier?
If I can't get Virgin, my current ISP, to upgrade me to 2mb, I might as well
pay less for a 1mb connection methinks.
Steve.

Old September 15th 05, 10:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dicki Dido

Hi Steve ,I have been with Plusnet for eighteen months price has gone
down -always one of the cheapest,and there is no limit to downloads.I used
to be with Freeserve but left owing to poor service.Plusnet have excellent
customer relations,having rung them twice and the call was answered within a
couple of minutes,and problem was sorted virtually straight away.No
problems with disconnections and dropping lines,very reliable and
extremely helpful.I pay every month by direct debit,at the moment on 512
connection and expect to be upgraded to 2mb within the next few
weeks,which costs me £21.99,with no download limits.I myself downloaded
about 20gb last month with no charge.

The Which report stated the following and I quote"The Plusnet package is a
BestBuy with a good download speed which have been really consistent over
the last quarter.Plusnet stood out in our satisfaction survey, performing
well in almost all areas, from ease of use to connection speed and customer
and technical support.""Plusnet also won best consumer ISP in 2004

If you choose to sign up with Plusnet,please use my ID- beechville96 as a
referrer and save me a few pence

Thanks, Keith

Old September 15th 05, 10:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 15 Sep 2005 19:52 GMT, "Steve" wrote:

If I can't get Virgin, my current ISP, to upgrade me to 2mb, I might as well
pay less for a 1mb connection methinks.

I'm happy to recommend them, though they have made some policy changes (such
as two of the cheaper, 'surfing' accounts having 'idle timeout' planned). I
would suggest you read their policy on traffic (if you plan to go for their
21.99 Premier account and to download/upload more than 100 GB of traffic a
month (probably not if you have been using Virgin, or don't they limit?)
See www.plus.net/support/features/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml

Recommend it to your friends and it could be costing you less and less...

Old September 15th 05, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Keith, guess it's goodbye Virgin from me then. I'll certainly quote you as a
referrer.
Many thanks,
Steve.

Old September 15th 05, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Poster,
I think the cap is 30Gig for Virgin. What's teed me off with them is that
they've upgraded my mate to 2 meg, because he's migrated from AOL, but they
won't upgrade me even though both of us are outside the 43dB limit, (and
I've been with them for donkeys). It was me that recommended Virgin to him!
Well at least he's got a good deal.
Cheers,
Steve.

Old September 15th 05, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

and there is no limit to downloads.

This is not true, I got a warning email from Plusnet today advising I am
downloading too much and they have throttled my connection ... As a
consequence I will be requesting my MAC and moving on to a better ISP.

This year alone, Plusnet have moved the goalposts so many times changing the
terms and conditions ... I don't know if I am coming or going with them, all
I know now is I'm leaving them ASAP.

Shoddiest ISP I've ever been with ... Don't get me wrong, they used to be
the best, but its all went pear shaped with Plusnet.

I'd advise the original poster to seek unbiased opinions on ADSL guide or
similar, not from someone after a referral discount (no offence) :-)

Cheers.

Old September 15th 05, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Markus G. Klötzer

"Colin" wrote:

and there is no limit to downloads.

This is not true, I got a warning email from Plusnet today advising I am
downloading too much and they have throttled my connection ... As a
consequence I will be requesting my MAC and moving on to a better ISP.

This year alone, Plusnet have moved the goalposts so many times changing the
terms and conditions ... I don't know if I am coming or going with them, all
I know now is I'm leaving them ASAP.

Well I recomended Plusnet to a friend of mine this month, and funny
enaugh the traffic shaping was seen as a positive point for him.

"Priority is given to webbrowsing and email"

Horses for Courses I'd say

cu

mgk
--
WYTYSYDG - What you thought you saw, you didn't get.
Old September 16th 05, 11:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 15 Sep 2005 20:43 GMT, "Steve" wrote:

I think the cap is 30Gig for Virgin. What's teed me off with them is that
they've upgraded my mate to 2 meg, because he's migrated from AOL, but they
won't upgrade me even though both of us are outside the 43dB limit, (and
I've been with them for donkeys). It was me that recommended Virgin to him!
Well at least he's got a good deal.

Can understand the frustration. However, if you are both outside the limit,
then there still might be a chance you will not get 2000 kbps whichever ISP
you choose to use. Anyway, at 14.99 (if you decide on Broadband Plus) you
should still have no problems using 1000 kbps, and not be likely to reach
any traffic limits, as there are none on Broadband Plus (but very heavy
Usenet and peer-to-peer users are recommended to use other accounts -
I'd suggest AOL if they want to exceed 100 GB a month. Peter M.

--

UK ADSL http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4 - Up to 2000 kbps from 14.99 a month.
NB Great service from Plus.Net so long as you don't expect to exceed 100 GB
Old September 16th 05, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJM

"Colin" wrote in message
and there is no limit to downloads.

This is not true, I got a warning email from Plusnet today advising I am
downloading too much and they have throttled my connection ... As a
consequence I will be requesting my MAC and moving on to a better ISP.

This year alone, Plusnet have moved the goalposts so many times changing
the terms and conditions ... I don't know if I am coming or going with
them, all I know now is I'm leaving them ASAP.

Shoddiest ISP I've ever been with ... Don't get me wrong, they used to be
the best, but its all went pear shaped with Plusnet.

I'd advise the original poster to seek unbiased opinions on ADSL guide or
similar, not from someone after a referral discount (no offence) :-)

Cheers.

How much did you download each month over the last 3 months say?

Old September 16th 05, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

Shoddiest ISP I've ever been with ... Don't get me wrong, they used to be
the best, but its all went pear shaped with Plusnet.

I'd advise the original poster to seek unbiased opinions on ADSL guide or
similar, not from someone after a referral discount (no offence) :-)

Cheers.

How much did you download each month over the last 3 months say?

It shouldn't matter, the new terms and conditions have only just come into
effect, why should I be punished without warning for something I did 3
months ago?

Cheers.

Colin